4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
EY Mariner
January 3, 2022, 8:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
I remember David Pye once describing Stuart Attwell as "attention seeking" in a Telegraph match report. The same description is by far the most polite to apply to today's official. Just glad we got at least a bit of justice at the death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
January 3, 2022, 9:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
I took some consolation in telling the useless tw@t exactly what I thought of him as he squirmed off the pitch. Not big or clever, admittedly, but neither was his performance…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
HerveJosse
January 3, 2022, 9:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Like everyone else at the game today I thought the ref was atrocious.
When I watched the game again on tv having recorded it I thought there was one 50 50 penalty and all the pushing and shoving in the box was what you see on tv every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
Grantham_Mariner
January 3, 2022, 10:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,183
Gold Stars: 51
There must be better refs out there who should be promoted and many in this league that it is obvious are not good enough and should be demoted or at the very least given some training to improve there performances. The National League should take responsibility.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
easypeersy
January 3, 2022, 11:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
This was the worst referee I have seen in my 31 years following Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
Theimperialcoroner
January 4, 2022, 3:17am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,184
Gold Stars: 102
https://twitter.com/oliverswaby1/status/1478185915747115010?s=12

I’ve only seen the snippets on Twitter, but bloody hell!

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
aldi_01
January 4, 2022, 6:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Having refereed for a number of years, albeit given it up now, you still retain some idea of the basics.

The referee yesterday was bizarre. Efete went on a run, was tugged, beat the man but lost the ball Becauee of a heavy touch and it was brought back for a foul…decent enough decision. Our front man is wrestled all over the place and gets nothing.

I don’t blame the referee for conceding a goal from our own throw in and the keeper pushing out in to the path of a striker but, you have to wonder what on earth game he was watching at times.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
jamesgtfc
January 4, 2022, 9:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,953
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01
Having refereed for a number of years, albeit given it up now, you still retain some idea of the basics.

The referee yesterday was bizarre. Efete went on a run, was tugged, beat the man but lost the ball Becauee of a heavy touch and it was brought back for a foul…decent enough decision. Our front man is wrestled all over the place and gets nothing.

I don’t blame the referee for conceding a goal from our own throw in and the keeper pushing out in to the path of a striker but, you have to wonder what on earth game he was watching at times.

I didn't see the Fox arrest (Main Stand supports) but I also thought he missed an obvious booking for Maguire-Drew in the first half when he lunged at their player from behind after losing the ball on the edge of the box. Some referees would have sent Waterfall off too. Correct decision to book Waterfall as Efete was next to him fortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
pen penfras
January 4, 2022, 9:46am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

I didn't think that was a foul on Efete in real time or on the replay.

The Pearson foul was probably a penalty, although that goes on all the time with nothing given. The fact that he spoke to them several times and it still happened is what makes it a worse decision. That one on Fox is unbelievable, he's fouling him constantly for about 10 seconds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
Mayaman
January 4, 2022, 10:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Same kind of offences as when we won the pen against Braintree when Amond stepped up.  I think that one was harder to see but the officials were doing their job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.