This thread currently has 4,418 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
CodHead
January 3, 2022, 5:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +158
Ref shares the same name as a Halifax midfielder (Martin Woods)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
ginnywings
January 3, 2022, 5:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Ref was the usual clownshoe, but we still had enough good situations to win the game. Bit more decisiveness in their penalty area would have negated his terrible showing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
grimsby pete
January 3, 2022, 6:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
My eyes are not very good nowadays but I could see 2 pens for us and I am in suffolk.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
TAGG
January 3, 2022, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
He got what he wanted.
1 To be the center of attraction
2 To get his own highlights package after the game

Both achieved, so he will have a good drive home.

Just a side point, why does football still insist on having a bloke each side of the pitch just running up and down for 90 minutes???

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
supertown
January 3, 2022, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from TAGG
He got what he wanted.
1 To be the center of attraction
2 To get his own highlights package after the game

Both achieved, so he will have a good drive home.

Just a side point, why does football still insist on having a bloke each side of the pitch just running up and down for 90 minutes???

What else do you suggest ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
TAGG
January 3, 2022, 7:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from supertown

What else do you suggest ?

Don't waste money on lines men, they do intercourse all game after game, no point in having them.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
aldi_01
January 3, 2022, 7:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Credit to Taylor for not losing his rag with someone today. Pulled over the place and not a ducking sniff of a chance from the ref…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
LH
January 3, 2022, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Never seen a ref get ironic cheers so often in a match. They usually realise the errors of their ways after the first couple of times.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
lukeo
January 3, 2022, 8:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Now I'm no professional referee but I have done my ref course last year (ok last month) and he started off ok in the sense he stopped the play to talk to the players. Once he's done that he's every right to play for a penalty or free kick depending on which is the offender... What really pisses me off is Pearson said even before the corner was taken on 3 seperate occasions what was happening. At that point as a referee you'd watch with the corner of your eye.. Im sorry but there's no way the linesman didn't see Pearson get chucked to the floor before they went and scored. Absolute bottle jobs.. As for me if that's the standard of ref and linesman in the football league I'll be doing Premiership refereeing in no time. flipping hell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
malkamalka
January 3, 2022, 8:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from lukeo
Now I'm no professional referee but I have done my ref course last year (ok last month) and he started off ok in the sense he stopped the play to talk to the players. Once he's done that he's every right to play for a penalty or free kick depending on which is the offender... What really pisses me off is Pearson said even before the corner was taken on 3 seperate occasions what was happening. At that point as a referee you'd watch with the corner of your eye.. Im sorry but there's no way the linesman didn't see Pearson get chucked to the floor before they went and scored. Absolute bottle jobs.. As for me if that's the standard of ref and linesman in the football league I'll be doing Premiership refereeing in no time. flipping hell.

The standard is no better in the Premier League. You obviously didn't see Stuart Attwell's performance at The Emirates on Saturday.
If you really aspire to being an Elite PGMOL official, you need to practice running flat out into the penalty area to block a player about to shoot and also, turn a blind eye to a player stamping on the face of an opponent while he's in the floor.

It might also help if you move to within 25 miles of Manchester  

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.