Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

New website and badge

This thread currently has 26,079 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WetFlannel
January 1, 2022, 3:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I actually like the subtle changes, looks crisper and more professional. Understand the idea of it being uniform too (there being a good number of versions), I even remember us having arguments here about whether there should be a full stop at the end…

Personally, and although I love the badge, I would’ve actually been interested in a completely new badge being created, perhaps one which reflects the town today (perhaps incorporating the Dock Tower as a symbol of our fishing heritage whilst acknowledging that we’re sadly not the fishing port of 50 years ago). But I know I’m in a strong minority there, so imo, a small change which looks more modern and creates uniformity is good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 267
SomeSanity
January 1, 2022, 3:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
The font is the same as the Premier League shirt font from 1997/2007. [url] https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/08/full-premier-league-kit-font-history.html[/url] Will they have needed dispensation for that? I have no idea who, if anybody owns that typeface.

Like others have mentioned, an odd time to drop a new logo. Given that there was no prior warning and fan consultation. It just seems to go against all these principles that were laid out to fans in the early stages post takeover.

The new website looks good though. Far cleaner user experience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 267
arryarryarry
January 1, 2022, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I'm not really that bothered but looking at those side by side I do think I prefer the old one.

I prefer the way the banner is colour separate at the top, while the new one merges the elements.

That's the way I view it, it looks like someone has forgotten to make the banner a separate part of the badge. Looks a bit  naff.

Also just viewing the new website on my phone there doesn't seem a simple way to reject all cookies like most sites. I can't be arsed to visit sites that don't give you that option.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 267
GollyGTFC
January 1, 2022, 3:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,978
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from SomeSanity
The font is the same as the Premier League shirt font from 1997/2007. [url] https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/08/full-premier-league-kit-font-history.html[/url] Will they have needed dispensation for that? I have no idea who, if anybody owns that typeface.

Like others have mentioned, an odd time to drop a new logo. Given that there was no prior warning and fan consultation. It just seems to go against all these principles that were laid out to fans in the early stages post takeover.

It's not the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 267
MarinerDevil
January 1, 2022, 3:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
Website is nice and clean - definitely an improvement.

Surprising that there was no consultation on a badge redesign - even it's just a refinement - especially when the club have committed to these principles outlined by Fair Game.  

Tweet 1477264714799493120 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 267
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2022, 3:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from SomeSanity

Regards the typeface and having read the website, I would expect the designers know what they’re doing with the copyright. Regarding the consultation process, it seems to tally with the levels of communication and transparency which seem to be diminishing week by week.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 267
chipsandgravy
January 1, 2022, 4:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Regards the typeface and having read the website, I would expect the designers know what they’re doing with the copyright. Regarding the consultation process, it seems to tally with the levels of communication and transparency which seem to be diminishing week by week.

Jesus, bring back the football then you can have something rather more important to moan about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 267
pen penfras
January 1, 2022, 4:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from WetFlannel
I actually like the subtle changes, looks crisper and more professional. Understand the idea of it being uniform too (there being a good number of versions), I even remember us having arguments here about whether there should be a full stop at the end…

It looks more modern and sleek if they'd done the redesign but left the flag off. I quite like the changes otherwise, although it is a little weird having the gaps under the banner in black and not white.

The flag is ugly, egotistical and out of keeping with the badge. And as for this fair play malarky that we've signed up to, it's a bit of a shock to see a badge messed with out of nowhere when that's one of the things they specifically mention as being sacred.

If they really wanted to put the date on, they could have put it on the banner bits that come down and it's not really affecting the heritage so much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 267
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2022, 4:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Jesus, bring back the football then you can have something rather more important to moan about.

Yep. Can’t wait.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 267
Manchester Mariner
January 1, 2022, 4:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Badges and websites.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 267
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.