Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any Rumours Yet?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 276 Guests

Any Rumours Yet?

This thread currently has 19,356 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2022, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,907
Gold Stars: 228
When we where doing well we where getting plenty of players and balls into the opposition penalty box since the slump we don't look that different in terms of threat than what we did under the previous managers, all be it at a lower level now.  Can we add enough to get to that level again?

A CB, CM and striker would be the objective, I doubt we'll have heard of them and I wouldn't expect them to start next season with us. The optimist in me thinks if we can strengthen in these position and stay lucky with injuries we would be play off contenders. The realist in me is hoping the Scunts get relegated so at least we get a local derby next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 88
mariner91
January 2, 2022, 11:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,583
Gold Stars: 260
We definitely need a centre back now Towler has gone, or to get him back and in form again. Any combination of the remaining three centre backs just doesn't work. Waterfall and Pearson are too similar and slow together. And I don't rate Longe-King much at all.

The midfield has been extremely underwhelming since the slump started. Coke is a yard short and slows our play down in nearly every game so far this season. Fox started well but has regressed badly, possibly due to not playing much in previous seasons? He looks leggy and not winning many second balls now. Hunt may not stay beyond January but his form has suffered recently also. When on song, he's fantastic at dictating play at this level but I fear he needs someone around him to get about the opposition and do the dirty work in order for him to do what he does best. He's also struggled from a lack of options and movement by the forward players since McAtee has been out. During our good start our movement off the ball was the best we've had in years but without McAtee it's almost non-existent and nearly as bad as we've ever had it.

Up front if McAtee, Taylor and Bell stay fit then they are all very good options (given the service) for this level. LJL can go in my opinion, he's offered virtually nothing and is miles off it.

The area that we have struggled badly recently is out wide. Clifton has done a very good job considering he's out of position but not having a left foot or the ability to dribble past an opponent does really limit our attacking options down that side. Sousa was electric to start with and we need to find a way of getting that form back. Bapaga flatters to deceive and Hurst obviously doesn't want to play him and I would expect him to go back to Coventry. Maguire-Drew hasn't been here long enough to comment really and who knows if Scannell or Grant will ever be properly fit. If we could get somebody to do on the left what Sousa does on the right then that would give us far more options going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
AndyDarloFC
January 3, 2022, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Hearing you’re after our top scorer Luke Charman, unfortunately it looks like he wants to play league football and we’re wanting a 150k plus deal to let him go.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 88
denni266
January 3, 2022, 12:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Hearing you’re after our top scorer Luke Charman, unfortunately it looks like he wants to play league football and we’re wanting a 150k plus deal to let him go.

Thats us out the frame then.. Hurst wont spend money on decent goal scorers .. unless they can play in defence as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
Son of Cod
January 3, 2022, 12:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

I think Bradford have been linked with him as well, haven't they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
Poojah
January 3, 2022, 1:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,456
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Have been keeping an eye on this lad after seeing some footage of him a couple of months ago. Looks a real talent; exactly the type of signing we need to be making in my opinion.

Long shot by the sounds of it though.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
Phil the cod
January 3, 2022, 1:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
How about this for a radical,new wave idea.,.,..................
Give the deadbeats we have signed a massive kick up the a.r.s.e.
Or shall we continue to sign more has beens,never-was,and poison dwarves?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
immariner
January 3, 2022, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Poojah

Have been keeping an eye on this lad after seeing some footage of him a couple of months ago. Looks a real talent; exactly the type of signing we need to be making in my opinion.

Long shot by the sounds of it though.

Their manager reckons he's too good for us.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19818983.darlington-prepare-lose-charman/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
chaos33
January 3, 2022, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,925
Gold Stars: 356
What does that last remark mean?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
Hagrid
January 3, 2022, 1:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,371
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Phil the cod
How about this for a radical,new wave idea.,.,..................
Give the deadbeats we have signed a massive kick up the a.r.s.e.
Or shall we continue to sign more has beens,never-was,and poison dwarves?

Ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any Rumours Yet?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.