Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any Rumours Yet?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 154 Guests

Any Rumours Yet?

This thread currently has 19,282 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
December 31, 2021, 3:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Whoever we get, I don’t want them because the fans at that club think he’s lazy with a bad attitude.
Just thought I’d get it in before someone does for anyone we sign.
Seriously, let’s just wait and see what happens and hope Hurst picks another gem or two.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 88
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2021, 4:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Whoever we get, I don’t want them because the fans at that club think he’s lazy with a bad attitude.
Just thought I’d get it in before someone does for anyone we sign.
Seriously, let’s just wait and see what happens and hope Hurst picks another gem or two.
UTM

Didn’t the Scunts say McAtee was lazy?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 88
rancido
December 31, 2021, 4:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Well one rumour I have heard is that next doors tom cat has fathered three more litters of kittens but apart from that it's been very quiet over here on Wybers !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 88
Quagmire
December 31, 2021, 6:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
I’ve a feeling that January isn’t going to be the turning point our season needs unfortunately.

With Covid rife I can’t see clubs letting players go that easily, think we’ll see a lot of words like frustrated, thwarted etc from
Hurst before we’re told it will be easier to sign players once the window closes - but by then I think we’ll be well adrift.  

Hurst has signed 30 players in less than a year, and how many of those have been good enough??   With his strike rate we need to sign a dozen or more to add the 4+ players we need to go from mid table mediocrity to challengers.  

Happy New Year 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 88
Mayaman
January 1, 2022, 4:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Football players in China have been banned from having tattoos.   Maybe there will be an exodus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 88
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 1, 2022, 8:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
The only good news is that we are a year closer to having the debt to Fenty paid off

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 88
aldi_01
January 1, 2022, 8:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from rancido
Well one rumour I have heard is that next doors tom cat has fathered three more litters of kittens but apart from that it's been very quiet over here on Wybers !

Is next doors cat named Boris?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 88
golfer
January 2, 2022, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
If you look at our present team there are few players who I would call absolute shite individually. - but the team collectively are shite - so what is needed to improve us ?  If we get a striker who feeds him - if we get wingers who do they feed - who feeds the wingers ?  One player isn't going to make a lot of difference.We need to alter our tactics so the new players can slot in. I can't suggest any players until Hurst decides what our tactics are but at the moment it appears to me that we don't have any
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 88
Croxton
January 2, 2022, 10:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from golfer
If you look at our present team there are few players who I would call absolute shite individually. - but the team collectively are shite - so what is needed to improve us ?  If we get a striker who feeds him - if we get wingers who do they feed - who feeds the wingers ?  One player isn't going to make a lot of difference.We need to alter our tactics so the new players can slot in. I can't suggest any players until Hurst decides what our tactics are but at the moment it appears to me that we don't have any

I feel your pain! The signing of Bell was a hint that Hurst may be moving away from his fixation with having a target man. Solihull schooled us in the art of crisp passing, pressing and movement. They rarely lumped the ball so kept possession. Their tactics were clear. Overload our fullbacks then whip in crosses to players arriving in support.

Hurst can point to injuries and suspensions which have unbalanced the team but it only highlights that we were overdependent on a few individuals. Our lack of creative depth in midfield has cost us dearly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 88
promotion plaice
January 2, 2022, 11:08am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Let's not forget other clubs might come in for our players.

I would imagine McAtee's form has aroused some interest and Clifton is different class this season.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any Rumours Yet?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.