pen penfras
December 30, 2021, 6:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from fishcake63
Been saying it for many years the prem bubble will burst & i'll be honest i'll be the first cheering can't stand everything it stands for

20 years ago I thought that. It hasn't and won't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
aldi_01
December 30, 2021, 7:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

20 years ago I thought that. It hasn't and won't.

We don’t always agree but on this I’m with you. I’ve heard so many say the premier league bubble will burst but in truth, it never will…no point pretending…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
toontown
December 30, 2021, 8:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from aldi_01

We don’t always agree but on this I’m with you. I’ve heard so many say the premier league bubble will burst but in truth, it never will…no point pretending…

To be fair if covid hasn't burst it then I struggle to see what will. It may deflate somewhat but it won't be bursting any time soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 30, 2021, 9:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 78
6 PL/ div 1 titles
8 FA cups
5 EFL/ league cups
2 Champions leagues
2 UEFA Europa leagues
2 UEFA Cup winners cups
2 UEFA super cups
I imagine they are devastated to be on a GTFC forum discussing their operating costs
I would swap with them tomorrow
UTM

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
GollyGTFC
December 30, 2021, 9:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
6 PL/ div 1 titles
8 FA cups
5 EFL/ league cups
2 Champions leagues
2 UEFA Europa leagues
2 UEFA Cup winners cups
2 UEFA super cups
I imagine they are devastated to be on a GTFC forum discussing their operating costs
I would swap with them tomorrow
UTM

2 Full Members/Zenith Data Systems Cup
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 19
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2021, 10:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01

Me too. I keep agreeing with PP (except on his views of the old/new regimes of course   ).

Sure most asset bubbles burst sooner or later, but this one seems to keep on growing and growing. They have so much wealth and power that when they are under threat, it will be others that are made to suffer (i.e. lower leagues).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
RonMariner
December 30, 2021, 11:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
I hate the obscene wealth on show in the Prem. But then again I subscribe to Sky who fund a huge chunk of it.

I think the only thing that would start to burst the bubble would be the mass exodus of subscribers from the various TV platforms, but it would have to happen on a global rather than simply national scale due to the popularity of the game in Asia and other markets.

Sadly I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I think the circus is in town for the foreseeable future.        
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
GYinScuntland
December 31, 2021, 3:57am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Doesn't really matter, it's not proper footy anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
aldi_01
December 31, 2021, 8:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from RonMariner
I hate the obscene wealth on show in the Prem. But then again I subscribe to Sky who fund a huge chunk of it.

I think the only thing that would start to burst the bubble would be the mass exodus of subscribers from the various TV platforms, but it would have to happen on a global rather than simply national scale due to the popularity of the game in Asia and other markets.

Sadly I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I think the circus is in town for the foreseeable future.        

It’s unlikely that you’d get enough subscribers to leave in order for that bubble to even deflate a little. Lower league fans can claim it’s not real football or it’s grossly disproportionate to the rest of the game/world etc but it’s a brand and s successful one at that. Clubs and the league tapped in to that market of people who can’t/don’t want to go to games but follow football from their armchair or local boozer. Couple that with the increase of online betting etc and it’s a marriage made in heaven.

Neither clubs nor TV companies at that level care about the fan that’s been going 40 years come rain or shine. They say they do but in truth they’re not arsed and why would they be?

The bubble is unlikely to burst because too many stand to lose out and as it operates, they need each other…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
chelseacity
December 31, 2021, 9:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
The debt will be covered with the possible sale of Lukaka, they don't include the value of their players in these figures so they would add up to probably half a billion, it is insane though, the wages of the players are greater than all of the income generated & a loss is shown, you would think that it is not sustainable but with the wealthy they cover that debt with personal guarantees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chelsea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.