3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
December 30, 2021, 11:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
I’m very supportive of the new GTFC regime but two things seem very strange to me.

Firstly, the women’s team manager resigned with an enigmatic statement on Twitter.  There has been no announcement or anything at all from the Club.  A post on Twitter asking why Dale had resigned was liked by him.  It’s very odd.

Secondly, the drink driving incident has also been swept under the carpet and, so far as I am aware, never mentioned officially.  Given that the player is back in the side I would expect the club to make a statement saying that they were disappointed but want to help the player blah blah.

The fact that these two things have happened Is concerning but the complete radio silence makes me think something isn’t quite right at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grantham_Mariner
December 30, 2021, 11:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dATZsuPdOnM/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2021, 12:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,879
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I’m very supportive of the new GTFC regime but two things seem very strange to me.

Firstly, the women’s team manager resigned with an enigmatic statement on Twitter.  There has been no announcement or anything at all from the Club.  A post on Twitter asking why Dale had resigned was liked by him.  It’s very odd.

Secondly, the drink driving incident has also been swept under the carpet and, so far as I am aware, never mentioned officially.  Given that the player is back in the side I would expect the club to make a statement saying that they were disappointed but want to help the player blah blah.

The fact that these two things have happened Is concerning but the complete radio silence makes me think something isn’t quite right at the club.

I know the period between Christmas and New Year can be a bit boring especially when there are now Town games, but really?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
barrattstandman
December 30, 2021, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
I said this 2 or 3 weeks ago . Silence is the perfect way for half truths  truths or complete lies to fester.  We don't want to know every detail but some outline would help .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
mirrorballman
December 30, 2021, 1:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
I can't help with the drink driving silence but Dale has tweeted in support of the new owners since he left.
[tweet]1472498233507295237[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
DB
December 30, 2021, 2:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
It would be nice if some form of the official update was given on a new ground and training ground. Debbie said at the Trust AGM at the end of October:-

"DC said JS & AP have had some work done on potential options for the stadium debate. Final report arrived last week, so is under consideration now."

We are now 9 weeks down the line so some clarification would be appreciated; also the location of the new training ground must announced be sometime soon, as I believe JS said some weeks ago that an announcement would be imminent.

It's not a matter of being impatient but when you have been given half a sandwich you'd also like the other half.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
sam gy
December 30, 2021, 2:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Are you really that bothered why the Women’s team manager has left or are you scrambling around for stuff to be annoyed at/bored at lack of games to discuss?

PH addressed the drink driving incident in an interview and said it has been dealt with internally....do we really need all of the details?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
gtfcmd
December 30, 2021, 3:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
Some people do have an interest in the ladies team also as it’s part of Grimsby town football club and doing really well in such a short time, I agree there should a statement out to say what’s happening possible replacement etc  and an update on fixtures, results etc on website also
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 30, 2021, 3:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
You are also not considering that the drink driving incident is not a football matter but a legal one that in law has nothing to do with the club.The lawyers have probably told the club to say nothing.
If there has been an internal disciplinary decision that is between an employee and the employer and would not be a matter for public discussion. Moreover, if the club did discuss the matter publicly the employee may have grounds for a complaint and make a claim against the employer.
Don't expect to hear anything soon. Or ever.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
arryarryarry
December 30, 2021, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
All I want to know is who the frig are we going to sign to get us out of this dreadful run.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mysterious silence

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.