9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
December 29, 2021, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Donny fans are having an absolute meltdown. 4 weeks without a manager, 140 applicants and they give youth team manager Gary McSheffrey the job.
Logged Online
Private Message
ginnywings
December 29, 2021, 11:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Fans always know best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 87
Abdul19
December 29, 2021, 11:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Le Sheff

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 87
Poojah
December 29, 2021, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Gary McSheffrey, star of ‘Utterly forgettable Town cameos, volume 461”, sandwiched in between Clint Marcelle and Russell Slade’s lad, Steve.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 87
fishboyUTM
December 29, 2021, 9:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Poojah
Gary McSheffrey, star of ‘Utterly forgettable Town cameos, volume 461”, sandwiched in between Clint Marcelle and Russell Slade’s lad, Steve.

Was a quality player, and a goal machine. Sadly, about ten years before we signed him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 87
Plankton
December 30, 2021, 3:58am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,197
Gold Stars: 38
It's only a 10 page thread. The meltdowns on here look like cataclysmic events in comparison and that's just at the deconstruction of a flag.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 87
fishboyUTM
December 30, 2021, 8:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
I've had a look as well and the fans are directing their anger towards the board, not the new manager. I remember when Doncaster were at Belle Vue, absolute hovel and crowds around the 1500 mark. And now we look up at them, their town has moved forward as well while ours has stagnated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 87
GollyGTFC
December 30, 2021, 8:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,976
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I've had a look as well and the fans are directing their anger towards the board, not the new manager. I remember when Doncaster were at Belle Vue, absolute hovel and crowds around the 1500 mark. And now we look up at them, their town has moved forward as well while ours has stagnated.

I don’t mean this as a criticism of our owners but Doncaster (and countless others) are a great example of new stadium crowd increases.

Blundell Park (like Belle Vue was) is a dump and it puts people off attending matches. Doncaster moved to a new stadium with good facilities and no restricted views and crowds skyrocketed.

Stockwood has said a couple of times that they’ll consider a new stadium when BP is consistently full, but that will never happen because it’s a dump where the majority of good seats are already gone to season ticket holders.

Build it and they will come.

And that’s why we’ve fallen behind countless teams that were considered smaller clubs with less potential than us when I started supporting Town in the early 90s. Doncaster fans think being at the bottom of L1 is a catastrophe- a level we can only dream of playing at.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 87
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 30, 2021, 9:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from fishboyUTM

But they had to burn their own ground down/blow it up (allegedly) to get a new one!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 87
aldi_01
December 30, 2021, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I don’t mean this as a criticism of our owners but Doncaster (and countless others) are a great example of new stadium crowd increases.

Blundell Park (like Belle Vue was) is a dump and it puts people off attending matches. Doncaster moved to a new stadium with good facilities and no restricted views and crowds skyrocketed.

Stockwood has said a couple of times that they’ll consider a new stadium when BP is consistently full, but that will never happen because it’s a dump where the majority of good seats are already gone to season ticket holders.

Build it and they will come.

And that’s why we’ve fallen behind countless teams that were considered smaller clubs with less potential than us when I started supporting Town in the early 90s. Doncaster fans think being at the bottom of L1 is a catastrophe- a level we can only dream of playing at.

I agree to some extent about the new ground, ‘build it and they will come’ mantra but it’s also reassuring that we’ve got a set of owners willing to truly explore all avenues and not waste club money chasing a dream whilst leaving BP to rot…they’ve recognised that it needed some TLC for those that do attend and it’s been refreshing to see consistent attendances at BP, well, when we’re not in a play off or relegation dogfight.

There are some excellent examples of teams investing in the right ways and getting that balance and my view has always been to gather the ideas that would work best for us and put them to the test…Lincoln and Donnie are two that come to mind, I’m sure others can name a few more…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 87
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.