Poojah
December 27, 2021, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,474
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from arryarryarry

IFollow isn't the type of website, it's the EFLs streaming service.

You said it looks like we won't be using it, my point was we can't use it.

EFL Digital runs services including iFollow and a majority of EFL club sites, however I believe we continued to use the website platform throughout our original non-league stint. Wrexham for instance still use the EFL digital platform despite having not been members of the football league since 2008.

Incidentally, it looks as though the club are going to revert to their original gtfc.co.uk domain, rather than the somewhat less memorable grimsby-townfc.com. A small but welcome move.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
arryarryarry
December 27, 2021, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Poojah

EFL Digital runs services including iFollow and a majority of EFL club sites, however I believe we continued to use the website platform throughout our original non-league stint. Wrexham for instance still use the EFL digital platform despite having not been members of the football league since 2008.

Incidentally, it looks as though the club are going to revert to their original gtfc.co.uk domain, rather than the somewhat less memorable grimsby-townfc.com. A small but welcome move.

I know that, my point was that the poster said it looks like we won't be using IFollow, well we can't use it.

I think they got confused and thought IFollow was the website software.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
jamesgtfc
December 27, 2021, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

I know that, my point was that the poster said it looks like we won't be using IFollow, well we can't use it.

I think they got confused and thought IFollow was the website software.

What I actually said was "when we do eventually go back up, it looks like we won't be utilising iFollow."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 27, 2021, 8:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from jamesgtfc

What I actually said was "when we do eventually go back up, it looks like we won't be utilising iFollow."
#
#
I am led to believe the club will have to either integrate the Ifollow streaming service in to their new site or revert back to the old platform

this new site is a positive move in my opinion as allot of the content n the old site was controlled by the old provider

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
lee65
December 27, 2021, 8:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Me too, in terms of us getting back in the EFL this won’t get us 3 points on a Saturday but in respect to rebuilding the club it’s really important.

My career has been built in and around retail and I’d be really interested to see what our web offering looks like in terms of the club shop. If we’re smart mid term there’s loads of stuff we could sell via the site without it even landing at BP first.

Re the shop website  I agree with the “not having to go via BP” bit, it must help with stock management etc.  As a Christmas gift I needed to get some Leeds merchandise from their online club shop, all very efficient, could use PayPal, and it certainly wasn’t dispatched from Elland Road
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
jamesgtfc
December 27, 2021, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
#
#
I am led to believe the club will have to either integrate the Ifollow streaming service in to their new site or revert back to the old platform

this new site is a positive move in my opinion as allot of the content n the old site was controlled by the old provider

I think you just have to offer the same service. LaticsTV for Wigan is provided by a company called Stream AMG.

A quick Google and it looks like Peterborough have recently started using them too: [url]https://streamamg.com/resources/news/posh-to-deliver-new-digital-experience-other-media-streamamg[/url]

Plymouth have also moved away from iFollow: [url]https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-quitting-ifollow-new-5349658[/url]

The EFL stock websites have been terribly outdated for years so it's great we've finally looked for something that isn't the easy option.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 27, 2021, 9:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 117
Isn't JS au fait with online companies and sales? I'm pretty sure he may have had 'his IT team' working on the new website
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
jamesgtfc
December 27, 2021, 9:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Isn't JS au fait with online companies and sales? I'm pretty sure he may have had 'his IT team' working on the new website

As a .com entrepreneur I can't begin to imagine what he's thought of our internet presence over the years.

I know it's all gone a bit Pete Tong on the pitch in recent weeks but off the pitch, we've really taken some strides forward since the takeover.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
arryarryarry
December 27, 2021, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think you just have to offer the same service. LaticsTV for Wigan is provided by a company called Stream AMG.

A quick Google and it looks like Peterborough have recently started using them too: [url]https://streamamg.com/resources/news/posh-to-deliver-new-digital-experience-other-media-streamamg[/url]

Plymouth have also moved away from iFollow: [url]https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-quitting-ifollow-new-5349658[/url]

The EFL stock websites have been terribly outdated for years so it's great we've finally looked for something that isn't the easy option.

I don't see why the club couldn't use IFollow, I would have thought it much cheaper than paying for a separate streaming service as well as the cost of probable professional additional camera people.

Anyway who knows when we will be back in the EFL so it may not matter for several seasons?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2021, 12:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
The "problem" of to i-follow or not i-follow is immaterial at the moment as it only applies to EFL clubs doesn't it?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Website

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.