jamesgtfc
December 28, 2021, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m not suggesting there’s a target but the great start caused huge expectation and maybe false hope. Gates increased as a result but they will fall just as quickly if we aren’t competitive.

Paying Fenty off is a given. The directors signed up to that. We know from the promotion season that PH doesn’t seem to like big expectation but our early season success seems to have been tempered by what seems to be a lack of aspiration and much less transparency and communication from the board.

What are they not being transparent about? They recently said they had a few questions with the accounts and wanted those answers before publishing them.

Jason did a 3 part interview with the Telegraph which I found informative and Andrew answered every question he was asked by Matt Dean last week.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
HerveJosse
December 28, 2021, 11:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,201
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m not suggesting there’s a target but the great start caused huge expectation and maybe false hope. Gates increased as a result but they will fall just as quickly if we aren’t competitive.

Paying Fenty off is a given. The directors signed up to that. We know from the promotion season that PH doesn’t seem to like big expectation but our early season success seems to have been tempered by what seems to be a lack of aspiration and much less transparency and communication from the board.

Your comments are far to observant for the happy clappers beware the red crosses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
aldi_01
December 29, 2021, 9:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
There’s literally nothing from the promotion season to indicate PH isn’t ambitious, quite the opposite with the information that has come out since…

The club have been transparent, they’ve given far more informative and understandable interviews in the 8 months they’ve been here than we had in the previous 20. They can only answer the questions they’ve been asked.

The start to the season was way beyond what any sensible person expected, those with over inflated expectations, which we saw time and time again last time we were down here still think it’s a dog and duck league are the ones still thinking a side that’s been woeful for a few years and club appallingly run for years is suddenly going to become competitive and smash everyone in sight.

It’s a dip, a bad run and there’s clearly several reasons that have impacted results, you don’t need to be a genius to see that and you’d be naive to think people at te club aren’t concerned but sacking a manager isn’t the answer, stability is necessary…being realistic doesn’t make one a happy clapper..,

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
HertsGTFC
December 29, 2021, 12:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01
There’s literally nothing from the promotion season to indicate PH isn’t ambitious, quite the opposite with the information that has come out since…

The club have been transparent, they’ve given far more informative and understandable interviews in the 8 months they’ve been here than we had in the previous 20. They can only answer the questions they’ve been asked.

The start to the season was way beyond what any sensible person expected, those with over inflated expectations, which we saw time and time again last time we were down here still think it’s a dog and duck league are the ones still thinking a side that’s been woeful for a few years and club appallingly run for years is suddenly going to become competitive and smash everyone in sight.

It’s a dip, a bad run and there’s clearly several reasons that have impacted results, you don’t need to be a genius to see that and you’d be naive to think people at te club aren’t concerned but sacking a manager isn’t the answer, stability is necessary…being realistic doesn’t make one a happy clapper..,

Agree, I think the top half of this league is really tough, much more than when we where down here before. It seems like the pattern  for many of the contenders for promotion looks like ........get relegated from the EFL, go into various levels of disarray off the pitch, get a change of ownership, gain new investment and then become credible and comparative, all of which takes a number of seasons. We've come down but we're not in disarray and have trustworthy owners, when JF is paid up they'll be more investors I think then it will be our opportunity again.

I think the only thing the owners have got wrong is not to bring a time machine with them so that they can transport the proportion of the support and posters on here out of the last century and into the current reality, I'd love it not to be the case but currently I'm afraid to say we're The Mariners and it may be a while yet before we preface that with "Mighty" again.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
RonMariner
December 29, 2021, 12:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,643
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don’t see it quite like that.

It’s an excuse in all walks of life. ‘Happy with what I’ve got’ shows a lack of ambition to do and be better.

Who says they are happy with what we have? I certainly didn't.

But with more than half the season left to play it's certainly not impossible to close a gap of 4 points to the play offs. It sounds like some are writing this season off already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
Bristol Mariner
December 29, 2021, 1:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Seemed to go wrong from Maidenhead, a game we should have won. I blame the players as much as anything, silly sending offs and drop in form. Off field we are paying JSF off and building the infrastructure. The owners have done exactly what they said they would in a transparent way, going to have to be patient like it or not.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
Swansea_Mariner
December 29, 2021, 1:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I'm struggling to understand the lack of transparency arguments. What exactly do people want to know?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
sam gy
December 29, 2021, 2:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,469
Gold Stars: 55
It’s the era of social media and instant news isn’t it. People are simply bored and therefore the club aren’t being transparent.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
Bristol Mariner
December 30, 2021, 1:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I'm struggling to understand the lack of transparency arguments. What exactly do people want to know?

Spot on

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It cannot get much worse

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.