6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HoratiusEberlin
December 28, 2021, 10:00am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
It’s never the fault of the quick-to-turn fans who undermine player confidence and amplify negativity. Indeed, this is the fuel of champions.
Realist, How ruthless is best? 1 defeat = 1 job? Or do we give new managers a month to turn a club around? Do we offer managers only short term contracts? What pool of potential managers would that leave us to choose from?
Bloody happy clappers, with their attempts to understand a long-term plan. They should instead be aiming for a staff that are terrified to make mistakes from the day they walk in the door.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
supertown
December 28, 2021, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
I’m still clinging to those early season performances. If we can just find that level again , it’s essentially the same players .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
jamesgtfc
December 28, 2021, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01
Supporting town of 40 years now seems to make peoples bigger fan or for some, seems to give them a platform to put down those that see a more realistic view of the club…

Just pointing out that in 40 years we’ve spent less than 10 years at level five…

Worth noting that perhaps it’s not the happy clappers people should moan about but the fans who, for the best part of 20 years, allowed a moron to take the club twice, yes, twice to the level you all claim to hate…perhaps if more than a few hundred had been vocal and stood in the car park at BP perhaps we’d have forced changes years ago…so perhaps it’s not happy clappers but the passive ‘it could be worse, we could’ve been bury’ types…the evidence was all there, folk just chose to ignore it, instead berating players and managers, mangers hamstrung by an owner with zero ambition…

I was one of those people you talk about. Alex May tipped me over the edge but it was frightening when I then started to think about everything else that had gone on over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
Zmariner
December 28, 2021, 10:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from ska face
Not the first time we’ve heard this from ZMariner and probably won’t be the last. Just crack on, stop announcing it on here looking for attention and trying to get people begging you to stay.

Calm yourself down SkaFace and have a mince pie if you need to look for affirmation on the message board of a 5th tier football club that is OK by me.
Personally I'm, a little busy for that and way too hard headed to care what people think.
This is just a hobby but unlike a lot of hobbies one that you have no control over. Given you cannot control it,do not get yourself too wound up about it. We all have opinions and the lads that I go are completely indifferent now after years of support. I feel for the new owners as they have been excellent so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
oochiad
December 28, 2021, 11:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
You’re not a real fan if you’re talking about bailing Zmariner. Ta ta, we probably will be 5th tier for a while but how on earth can you stop supporting out club ffs, is in our blood! UTM!! Personally I’m a little busy!!! Hilarious 😂😂😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
Zmariner
December 28, 2021, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from oochiad
You’re not a real fan if you’re talking about bailing Zmariner. Ta ta, we probably will be 5th tier for a while but how on earth can you stop supporting out club ffs, is in our blood! UTM!! Personally I’m a little busy!!! Hilarious 😂😂😂😂

Reread the message not too busy to stop supporting , too busy to care what people think about my views.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
RonMariner
December 28, 2021, 11:33am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
Actually it can get far worse. Ask any Darlington, or Hereford fan.

We are three points outside the playoff places. All is not not lost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2021, 12:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Fully agree with this I’ve supported town 31 year my grandad since 1953 (too long to work out !!!) We’re both fed up him more than me as are many other supporters we’ve known for years, in my time there just seems to have been no ambition from the club at all to strive for better, with the new owners coming in I’m hoping this will change but it goes back to playing budgets all the time it gets mentioned every season, we are a relatively safe club when it comes to finances but I do feel we should start throwing a bit more money at players and go for it for a change, it just seems the same old same old every season when was the last time we actually bought a striker bogle was it Who the fans paid for with operation promotion, that proved it can work and chesterfield Wrexham Stockport all doing well and up there I maybe wrong but I can see why a lot of fans are losing interest again, and yes I will still be there home and away no matter what but if not this season it needs something different next in terms of bigger better playing budgets next season, should we go all out for it like others have I believe so UTM ATAW

I'm not sure the Operation promotion money paid directly for Bogle but it may have helped get Nolan to the club who in my view was the player who made the most difference in the last quarter of that season.

We have had a bit of history of the supporters getting their hands in their pockets I seem to recall Joe Waters and Bonetti where funded to a degree by fans direct donations. Lets hope that in this coming window we can get a couple of more addition who have the quality that Nolan had/has.

Once the liability to Fenty is settled then I'd expect the 1878 Board to start seriously courting new investors only then will we see a decent bump in the playing budget that breaks away from the self sustainability model we currently appear to operate. It's a couple of years away I know so as much as it frustrates me "if" that's the plan then it's arguably a sensible long term strategy.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2021, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RonMariner
Actually it can get far worse. Ask any Darlington, or Hereford fan.

We are three points outside the playoff places. All is not not lost.

Ah, there's always someone worse off than us, isn't there?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
aldi_01
December 28, 2021, 2:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Ah, there's always someone worse off than us, isn't there?

We call this ideology the ‘Fenty’…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It cannot get much worse

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.