HertsGTFC
December 27, 2021, 4:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Zmariner

The two are completely connected and I would be surprised if our playing and related staff budget is not significantly higher than Solihull, Bromley, Dagenham and Kidderminster. We are underachieving.
If we have a top 7 budget and I would gamble we do , not finishing in the playoffs is failure. I would certainly stick with Hurst for now but no playoffs and his race is run.I have been a Hurst fan but he has has had a very poor year since he took over. We can moan about the area but we should have enough to get into the top 7.  I hope we sign some players in Jan and Hurst will have to find a way , the new owners have been good. It is the football management side that puts out a team.

I’d pretty much agree especially the bit about January signings I reckon we probably need to add 3/4 faces in this window as the squad has been proved to be too thin in recent weeks.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
IlkleyMariner
December 27, 2021, 4:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,992
Gold Stars: 69
See Omar Bogle was unused sub today"……….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 27, 2021, 6:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,684
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

According to the BBC he played second half!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
dapperz fun pub
December 27, 2021, 6:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,908
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Briefly watched it late on in the game he was defo on the pitch then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
lee65
December 27, 2021, 8:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,482
Gold Stars: 10
We should have a fighting chance of a playoff place, and then it’s a lottery, we can beat anyone on our day, even if we haven’t had many of those “days” lately, so not throwing the towel in yet  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 58
Mendonca1995
December 27, 2021, 10:41pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Zmariner

Nobody who has supported Grimsby for 40 years is a glory supporter. I am bored of level 5 and consistently losing to teams with much less resources is not acceptable to me. We all have different standards /views this is just life. No need to get yourself excited about it.

Fully agree with this I’ve supported town 31 year my grandad since 1953 (too long to work out !!!) We’re both fed up him more than me as are many other supporters we’ve known for years, in my time there just seems to have been no ambition from the club at all to strive for better, with the new owners coming in I’m hoping this will change but it goes back to playing budgets all the time it gets mentioned every season, we are a relatively safe club when it comes to finances but I do feel we should start throwing a bit more money at players and go for it for a change, it just seems the same old same old every season when was the last time we actually bought a striker bogle was it Who the fans paid for with operation promotion, that proved it can work and chesterfield Wrexham Stockport all doing well and up there I maybe wrong but I can see why a lot of fans are losing interest again, and yes I will still be there home and away no matter what but if not this season it needs something different next in terms of bigger better playing budgets next season, should we go all out for it like others have I believe so UTM ATAW

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
ska face
December 27, 2021, 11:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,609
Gold Stars: 840
Not the first time we’ve heard this from ZMariner and probably won’t be the last. Just crack on, stop announcing it on here looking for attention and trying to get people begging you to stay.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
mimma
December 28, 2021, 1:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
It can't get any worse....

Have you seen the cricket score from Australia?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
realist
December 28, 2021, 9:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
This is the curse of this club. Not Fenty, but the happy clappers that continually support at best mediocrity or usually the shite often served up on the pitch. We need to be ruthless, sack under performing managers quickly and stop looking back all the time. All the returnees to the club have performed badly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
aldi_01
December 28, 2021, 9:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Supporting town of 40 years now seems to make peoples bigger fan or for some, seems to give them a platform to put down those that see a more realistic view of the club…

Just pointing out that in 40 years we’ve spent less than 10 years at level five…

Worth noting that perhaps it’s not the happy clappers people should moan about but the fans who, for the best part of 20 years, allowed a moron to take the club twice, yes, twice to the level you all claim to hate…perhaps if more than a few hundred had been vocal and stood in the car park at BP perhaps we’d have forced changes years ago…so perhaps it’s not happy clappers but the passive ‘it could be worse, we could’ve been bury’ types…the evidence was all there, folk just chose to ignore it, instead berating players and managers, mangers hamstrung by an owner with zero ambition…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It cannot get much worse

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.