denni266
December 23, 2021, 9:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from chaos33

So everything is hopeless/over/f*cked. Bet you’re a laugh to be around at Christmas. Jesus. Give up.

Take your blinkers off for a change and come in to the real world for a day   christ on a bike . all you do is call every one that sees things differently to you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 103
Hagrid
December 23, 2021, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from denni266

Take your blinkers off for a change and come in to the real world for a day   christ on a bike . all you do is call every one that sees things differently to you.

You’re entiltled to an opinion of course but it is draining. Its every post. We are not out of anything in terms of the league. Yes when games have caught up i believe we can drop as low as 10th, but moneys being made available
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 103
GrimRob
December 24, 2021, 10:21am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33
I don’t though. I just call you out, you miserable, illiterate fool.

He's entitled to his views, no need to call him names, he's self-evidently not illiterate.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 103
chaos33
December 24, 2021, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Right. I’ll retract it. I mean, I’ve seen far, far worse on here in terms of ‘name calling’ that you haven’t commented on, but it’s your call Rob obviously. Maybe ‘semi literate’ would have been more accurate.  I love the range of views but this poster just spouts endless, draining negativity and criticism and doom and has done for years and years. It’s an absolutely tedious and pointless contribution. There’s no balance, or evolution of opinions or ever any credit or anything remotely hopeful.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 103
rancido
December 24, 2021, 10:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from RonMariner
The player we splashed cash out for was Bogle. That worked pretty well as I recall. We got promoted and then made £750k profit selling him.

I think that qualifies as a good investment.

Or it could be interpreted as a good investment as the result of a shrewd speculation 😉

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 103
quebec38
December 24, 2021, 10:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
It definitely sounds like we are going to spend money and look for players that are going to be here for the next 18 months or so at least. I’m not saying a lot of money but it sounds like that will be the approach going on what we have heard from PH, JS and AP.

Just looking at the squad you would expect there to be a goal scorer at the top of the list. We are stacked for wingers. Central midfield is light and worse still if Hunt leaves. Defence I think we can get away with - not sure we would spend any money we do have on a centre half when we have Waterfall, Pearson and DLK and I think we are sorted for full backs.

So, striker and quality central midfielder, please!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 103
Swansea_Mariner
December 24, 2021, 12:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
We are stacked for wingers however it's rather unfortunate that three of them happen to be Wright, Scannel and Grant who when you put them together you probably end up with 0.5 FTE winger.

I wouldn't want to rely on any of those so I think we need at least one left sided winger to ho along with two central midfielders to replace Coke and Hunt and the obvious requirement for a striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 103
diehardmariner
December 24, 2021, 1:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from Zmariner
I thought that the tone of the Pettit interview was signings as opposed to loans. I have never been a fan of having this many loans , Hurst made a big mistake here in my opinion.
Problem is that we need a mobile centre half,a central midfielder who is actually a better footballer and more creative than the ones we have got as well as another forward. Possibly a winger as well As I have no faith whatsoever in Scannel and  Grant This will be a tough January shopping list but the lack of signings preseason has created this problem. I am hopeful that Hurst will fix this, He will need to as his neck is on the line utm

I always see loans as in the same boat as those on short-term deals, as in a year or less.  They're trying to impress to the point that they get a deal a look-in elsewhere.  It's a shop window kinda thing.   In terms of long-term planning, it's not ideal but on the other hand you've got a ready made incentive for them to impress (let's not get into an argument that they should always want to impress....).

As long as you've got a balance of a core that are part of that longer term plan and the shorter term players, some of whom may become part of the longer term vision, I think it's fine.  At the minute I can't say there's a noticeable imbalance.

When we went up in 2016 I'd argue that our 3 best performers that season were either on loan (Townsend), on a one-year contract (Amond) or a very short-term contract (Nolan).  If we came out of the transfer window with 3 players of the ilk of those 3 I would be very, very happy.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 103
diehardmariner
December 24, 2021, 1:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from PoutonStepover

Scannell is fully fit, I heard it from his own mouth at the Oaklands last weekend…he said his face just doesn’t fit, only came here for Holloway.

Shame he didn't step up for his mate Holloway then, isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 103
meddaboy
December 24, 2021, 4:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -6
comeback  ollie holloway  all is forgiven   !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January transfer window

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.