December 22, 2021, 10:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from RonMariner
Sod the loans. We need to buy.

Two of our rivals are fielding quarter mil forwards. If we are serious about getting out of this division any time soon we need top add to our attacking options.

Don't bring in a kid on loan. Buy a decent player. It will be an investment.

I am hoping that a fully fit Scannell and Grant will strengthen us, but we must add another goalscorer to the squad.

Scannell is fully fit, I heard it from his own mouth at the Oaklands last weekend…he said his face just doesn’t fit, only came here for Holloway.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 103
jamesgtfc
December 22, 2021, 11:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,950
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from PoutonStepover

Scannell is fully fit, I heard it from his own mouth at the Oaklands last weekend…he said his face just doesn’t fit, only came here for Holloway.

It seems suspicious to me that Scannell is suddenly fully fit as he's approaching the last 6 months of his deal. If his face didn't fit he would have been with Gibson, Morais, Rose and Jackson Jr.

The fact he was given the number 11 shirt suggests to me that Hurst had hopes for him this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 103
Posh Harry
December 23, 2021, 7:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,351
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from PoutonStepover

He might be fit, but with about half an hours play all season he isn’t match fit.

As for face fitting, virtually every one of Holloway’s signings has been shown the door apart from him. I wouldn’t say that pointed to someone whose face didn’t fit.

Which means that, assuming you did actually talk with him, it is the usual ‘I am not playing because my face doesn’t fit’ horsesh8t that players often come out with because they haven’t dedicated themselves enough to their profession, or done the things asked of them, and so they come up with an excuse and blame somebody else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 103
A Brace Of Tees
December 23, 2021, 4:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3
The problem with good goalscorers is they're like gold dust and would cost a fortune. What Hurst needs to do is repeat his previous trick of unearthing another Amond - who we grabbed from under the radar because he wasn't even playing as a striker at the time we signed him!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 103
RonMariner
December 23, 2021, 6:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,656
Gold Stars: 226
The player we splashed cash out for was Bogle. That worked pretty well as I recall. We got promoted and then made £750k profit selling him.

I think that qualifies as a good investment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 103
RonMariner
December 23, 2021, 6:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,656
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RonMariner
The last player we splashed cash out for was Bogle. That worked pretty well as I recall. We got promoted and then made £750k profit selling him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 103
denni266
December 23, 2021, 6:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
TBH i am not expecting to much in this window,, we are too far behind Chesterfield  Notts co etc  in almost every department and would take a miracle to catch them . Hurst missed his chance to go for it back in the summer and failed big time . The only way to get out tis tin pot league is to spend  and pray . Its no good hoping luck will come our way . And even next year there will be 3/4 big spenders trying to get out of here and then there is the fool with lots of cash to put in to a team just like this year . It dont look good for us getting out of here if ever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 103
Abdul19
December 23, 2021, 8:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,550
Gold Stars: 215
We're 3 points behind Notts.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 103
chaos33
December 23, 2021, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from denni266
TBH i am not expecting to much in this window,, we are too far behind Chesterfield  Notts co etc  in almost every department and would take a miracle to catch them . Hurst missed his chance to go for it back in the summer and failed big time . The only way to get out tis tin pot league is to spend  and pray . Its no good hoping luck will come our way . And even next year there will be 3/4 big spenders trying to get out of here and then there is the fool with lots of cash to put in to a team just like this year . It dont look good for us getting out of here if ever

So everything is hopeless/over/f*cked. Bet you’re a laugh to be around at Christmas. Jesus. Give up.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 103
jamesgtfc
December 23, 2021, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,950
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from RonMariner
The player we splashed cash out for was Bogle. That worked pretty well as I recall. We got promoted and then made £750k profit selling him.

To think we splashed a lot of that cash on players like Asante, Clements and Sam Jones who ended up being paid off or leaving for free.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January transfer window

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.