arryarryarry
December 20, 2021, 3:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvraN8gqJFQ&ab_channel=StockportCounty

Absolutely shocking defending for every goal.

Play like that we wont win another game.

I know Hunt was caught out fannying about but why do our keepers keep pissing about with the short pass into the danger area, nearly gave another goal away.

As for LJL looked a clear elbow to me.

Private Message
DB
December 20, 2021, 5:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,005
Gold Stars: 386
No defending for any of the goals, Hunt messing about, and nobody marking any of the goalscorers. Absoloute disgrace and LJL did elbow their man.

No attack for us shown on the vid but I can't remember a shot on goal for us all game. All teams are coping with injuries and covid so these are not excuses. We sent out a team of so-called professional footballers who returned home in disgrace to their profession and to fans as hopeless. No guts, no blocking or attempts to attack the goal strikers.

Whatever has gone wrong down Cheapside has happened big time. The fans deserve more than this and those who went to Stockport should have their expenses repaid by the club. Losing is not ok but is part of the game but this was an utter shambles.

Hurst did say when he came the club was in a mess. It is again but this time it's his mess! Give Hurst till the Kings Lynn game and the if things don't improve then replace him. Being a community club is good but things need to happen on the pitch first and what did happen has disappeared.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Hagrid
December 20, 2021, 7:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,374
Gold Stars: 532
Hopeless defending

Never a red. Theres no elbow. Noone even appeals!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
golfer
December 20, 2021, 7:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
11 strangers with seemingly no purpose.  Do we not practice (winning)  Is it the new ideology that losers are the real winners. What do we do on the practice ground ? We have to start again with the basics - a ball is a round thing full of air - you are supposed to kick this round thing away from your goal keeper - a goal keeper is that tall man who wears gloves and a different coloured shirt to you - you are supposed to try to get that round thing between 2 white sticks at the other end of the pitch, - you wont hurt the people behind these sticks because there is a net protecting them. Now you have learnt how to play you can all go home now - and don't do anything too strenuous.  See you on Tuesday about 7-35 and remember everything I have told you. Losers are the real winners.   P.S.  The 2 white sticks are not those with flags on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
chaos33
December 20, 2021, 8:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 356
Looks a terrible performance in every regard and very easy for Stockport.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
pen penfras
December 20, 2021, 8:34am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
I'll be amazed if that gets overturned. I don't think it was an elbow, but he moved his arm towards the defender's head and it's not obviously the wrong decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
jimgtfc
December 20, 2021, 8:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,084
Gold Stars: 44
Just looks an absolute shambles, the worst thing I can say is it looks as bad, if not worse than that Holloway outfit of a year ago. I’ve no idea what has gone wrong but the apple definitely looks rotten to me, Paul needs to fix this fast before he really loses the support of the fans, starting Tuesday (though I doubt it’ll be on).

Clear raised arm from Lennie, it’s not intentional you can see that, but he can see the defender coming towards him, he’s facing him, so why put your arm up there? Stupidity. Absolutely no point appealing that.

Personally, I can afford PH some more leeway. There’s so much out of his control. The Covid situation, regular injuries and suspensions including losing our best player by a country mile for 6-8 weeks, poor individual performances, poor on field choices by the players and some questionable refereeing.

I think some simplicity is desperately needed. Again putting the ridiculous Covid situation to one side and assuming (wrongly) that we’ll be back to normal soon, I’d like to see a settled side in a 442/4411, with square pegs in square holes again, and refresh things in January.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
pen penfras
December 20, 2021, 8:47am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jimgtfc

Personally, I can afford PH some more leeway. There’s so much out of his control. The Covid situation, regular injuries and suspensions including losing our best player by a country mile for 6-8 weeks, poor individual performances, poor on field choices by the players and some questionable refereeing.

Covid situation - same for everybody
injuries and suspensions - we've been well beaten by teams with more players out than ourselves. Hurst is responsible for the small squad.
losing our best player - we shouldn't be reliant on one player, just means the rest aren't good enough.
poor performances/choices - Hurst chose these players, if they're not good enough then he is to blame.
Refereeing - can we stop blaming this every time we don't win. We get decisions go for us that benefit us and some go against us. Refereeing is not the reason for this spell.

I think it's irrelevant because Hurst isn't going to get sacked any time soon, but all the reasons ultimately fall back to him. This game shouldn't really make a difference to the situation anyway, because I doubt there were more than a handful of fans that didn't expect us to lose with that situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Abdul19
December 20, 2021, 8:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,530
Gold Stars: 215
Good god, that reminds me of Crawley or Cambridge just before Jolley took over.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
buckstown
December 20, 2021, 9:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,176
Gold Stars: 79
Never sure if the highlights are truly representative of the 90 minutes, but that looks like it could have been double figures
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.