Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul "Teflon" Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 138 Guests

Paul "Teflon" Hurst

This thread currently has 14,079 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
December 18, 2021, 5:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
I've given up bothering. Every week you think, surely we are going to get a point or two today and build up your hopes. The hoped for result never materialises. Another Saturday night in the doldrums.

This season has been worse because the excellent start was a false dawn, meaning the disappointment level from the last ten games has gone into freefall.  In the end, what's the point? This is especially so if you go a long way back with this club and remember the good times. As someone said, the mighty Boreham Wood are coming to give us a lesson and who would have thought that twenty years ago? Even my grandson asks 'how many did Town lose by today'- it's the norm now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 161
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 18, 2021, 5:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from hampshiremariner
I've given up bothering. Every week you think, surely we are going to get a point or two today and build up your hopes. The hoped for result never materialises. Another Saturday night in the doldrums.

This season has been worse because the excellent start was a false dawn, meaning the disappointment level from the last ten games has gone into freefall.  In the end, what's the point? This is especially so if you go a long way back with this club and remember the good times. As someone said, the mighty Boreham Wood are coming to give us a lesson and who would have thought that twenty years ago? Even my grandson asks 'how many did Town lose by today'- it's the norm now.

It’s sad mate isn’t it but ONE day we will rise from the ashes, that’s what keeps me going anyway. The fans do not deserve this

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 161
arryarryarry
December 18, 2021, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Ian Holloway won 11 out of 33 league matches as Town manager and achieved 40 points. That is a win percentage of 33.3% and 1.21 points per game. The 10 league games before IH was appointed yielded 8 points.

Paul Hurst has won 15 out of his 44 league matches since returning and achieved 55 points. That is a win percentage of 34.1% and 1.25 points per game. The 10 league games prior to PH returning yielded 8 points also.

Discuss…

Last season Holloway with one preason friendly and a load of young players was in charge for 19 games, won 5, drawn 8, points 19, points per game 1.

Hurst had most of Holloway's squad, added another 11 or 12 was in charge for 24 games, won 5, drawn 8, points 23, points per game 0.96.

Discuss....
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 161
chipsandgravy
December 18, 2021, 5:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
How much longer are some posters on here going to defend this charlatan of a manager and start attributing our recent catastrophic form to him ?

First it was Holloway's fault, blah blah blah
Then it was Fenty's fault, blah blah blah
Then it was injuries and sending's off, blah blah blah
Today's excuse will be Covid, blah blah blah

You would think that we are the only team affected by these excuse's, WE ARE NOT ! Other teams seem to get by with injuries and suspensions and maintain reasonable form.

Lets not forget he managed to get a team relegated who were not even in the relegation places when he arrived and more recently has even managed to turn what looked a good side into the dog and duck !

How long before something sticks and this man's managerial inadequacies are exposed ?

On the plus side, if we stick with him we are now officially only five and a half years away from promotion !!!!!!!

You not totally wrong but you know my problem with you Sir Matt is you were no where to be seen on here during our unbeaten run. Get into a losing streak and here you are back here again. Think you used the expression during that unbeaten run "I'm converted". Well that conversion didn't last long did it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 161
pen penfras
December 18, 2021, 5:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry

Last season Holloway with one preason friendly and a load of young players was in charge for 19 games, won 5, drawn 8, points 19, points per game 1.

Hurst had most of Holloway's squad, added another 11 or 12 was in charge for 24 games, won 5, drawn 8, points 23, points per game 0.96.

Discuss....

I think we'd have stayed up if Holloway stayed. The start of the season was a excrement show, but I blame the EFL for that. We clearly scrimped because we had no idea what money we were getting and played it safe. By January we knew what money we had and Holloway would have signed better than the shite that Hurst did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 161
Simon
December 18, 2021, 6:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from pen penfras

I think we'd have stayed up if Holloway stayed. The start of the season was a excrement show, but I blame the EFL for that. We clearly scrimped because we had no idea what money we were getting and played it safe. By January we knew what money we had and Holloway would have signed better than the shite that Hurst did.

I agree with you 100% we wouldn't have gone down under Holloway

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 161
chipsandgravy
December 18, 2021, 6:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from pen penfras

Dear God!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 161
ginnywings
December 18, 2021, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
How much longer are some posters on here going to defend this charlatan of a manager and start attributing our recent catastrophic form to him ?

First it was Holloway's fault, blah blah blah
Then it was Fenty's fault, blah blah blah
Then it was injuries and sending's off, blah blah blah
Today's excuse will be Covid, blah blah blah

You would think that we are the only team affected by these excuse's, WE ARE NOT ! Other teams seem to get by with injuries and suspensions and maintain reasonable form.

Lets not forget he managed to get a team relegated who were not even in the relegation places when he arrived and more recently has even managed to turn what looked a good side into the dog and duck !

How long before something sticks and this man's managerial inadequacies are exposed ?

On the plus side, if we stick with him we are now officially only five and a half years away from promotion !!!!!!!

What does it matter who does or doesn't support the manager?

It's totally irrelevant.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 161
ackomariner
December 18, 2021, 6:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Dear God!

You need to start praying...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 161
Swansea_Mariner
December 18, 2021, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Please give it a rest, Hurst turning out to be a poor choice does not wash over the mess that Holloway made, one preseason game ffs. Let's not rewrite history with what we might have done if Holloway hadn't actually run away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 161
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul "Teflon" Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.