Heisenberg
December 19, 2021, 10:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Poojah

I was there, remember the Smith goal really well. My god, we’ve dropped like a f#cking stone since then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 161
Swansea_Mariner
December 19, 2021, 10:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I know that was in jest poojah but losing 14 out of 15 could be a realistic forecast given our next series of fixtures, and the current state we are in.

I honestly thought we'd pluck a draw or two here or there in the present run and not even that has happened. So yes I'm  spooked, proper  spooked that maybe this isn't just 'transitory' like the inflation that is bedeviling my weekly tesco shop.

Could another manager get a better tune out of this club, I don't know but then again look at Chesterfield they managed to pluck James Rowe out of nowhere and look how well he's done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 161
Hagrid
December 19, 2021, 10:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I know that was in jest poojah but losing 14 out of 15 could be a realistic forecast given our next series of fixtures, and the current state we are in.

I honestly thought we'd pluck a draw or two here or there in the present run and not even that has happened. So yes I'm  spooked, proper  spooked that maybe this isn't just 'transitory' like the inflation that is bedeviling my weekly tesco shop.

Could another manager get a better tune out of this club, I don't know but then again look at Chesterfield they managed to pluck James Rowe out of nowhere and look how well he's done.

He’s been given a small fortune to sign whoever he likes though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 161
Swansea_Mariner
December 19, 2021, 10:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Hagrid

He had an equally impressive record at Gloucester too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 161
Abdul19
December 19, 2021, 10:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215

Daryl Clare channel(island)ing his inner Romario for the 4th. Fake shot, into soft shoe shuffle, into favela toe poke. Jogo bonito.

That's first class.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 161
Sigone
December 19, 2021, 10:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
What's our win/loss record with McAtee in/out the side....P.H challenge this Jan is to add more quality so we are not so reliant upon him.  When he comes back we will be better..guaranteed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 161
GibMariner
December 20, 2021, 4:00am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Hagrid

Except that stat was proven to be rubbish

Didn’t hollowhead take two fashionable clubs to the divine premiership Crystal Palace and Blackpool.

Support him all you like but his overall stats show he’s losing it.
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 161
GibMariner
December 20, 2021, 4:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Hagrid

And how do you know that. Tishmanger !!! whatever, did not cost the 250k as time and again stated. I understand it was less than 150k and his wage won’t be 3k either. Fact is we spent our money on pots of paint, scotch eggs and glass screens. Result not good so far is it.
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 161
pontoonlew
December 20, 2021, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,995
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GibMariner

And how do you know that. Tishmanger !!! whatever, did not cost the 250k as time and again stated. I understand it was less than 150k and his wage won’t be 3k either. Fact is we spent our money on pots of paint, scotch eggs and glass screens. Result not good so far is it.

I’m firmly in the Hurst Out camp but this narrative by a very small number of people that we should’ve spent X amount on one player instead of improving our infrastructure for years to come is an absolute nonsense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 161
December 20, 2021, 9:00am
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
The easiest thing in football is to blame the manager and demand he be replaced. After 20 years in the wilderness we should have learned that changing the manager doesn’t guarantee either success or improvement.

First time round I was not a PH fan but thought his reappointment would keep us in the EFL but an horrendous first 8 games meant that this was misplaced optimism. The first ten games this season witnessed us play some of the best football I’ve seen us play in many a day but recently results have not been poor but appalling. However, I think we have made some decent signings and others that have proved to be not of the standard or have the consistency required to play at this level.

For me we struggle, as town teams have done for years, by not having the required quality in midfield and if we can address this we should still finish in the top five at least. I am disappointed to hear Hurst continually building up the opposition and believe he should be asking if they can cope with our qualities not worried about theirs. That said I am firmly of the opinion he shouted given January to make decisions on which loanees we retain and what players are brought in which will hopefully include at least two midfield players and a striker. If we can then push on and return to winning ways we stick with him but if improvement is marginal or intermittent we sever ties at the end of the season and start again.

Thankfully this is not your decision to make.
Reply: 149 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul "Teflon" Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.