Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul "Teflon" Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

Paul "Teflon" Hurst

This thread currently has 14,234 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
December 19, 2021, 1:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Two things.

1. Holloway would have taken us down. He was useless and it was just the IH Circus

2. Paul Hurst has my full support. I think he’s a very good manager that will get us back to the EFL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 161
December 19, 2021, 2:44pm
Guest User
I believe  that PH was surprised by our start to the season, I don't think he knew or knows why  we performed well.  This is the problem now  he doesn't know what's changed to be able to rectify the slide.
Reply: 121 - 161
Gaffer58
December 19, 2021, 2:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 4055
I believe  that PH was surprised by our start to the season, I don't think he knew or knows why  we performed well.  This is the problem now  he doesn't know what's changed to be able to rectify the slide.

Problem with Paul Hurst is that while things are going ok he hopefully just leaves things alone and let’s the good times roll, but as soon as the defeats start he goes back into his defensive shell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 161
ginnywings
December 19, 2021, 3:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GibMariner
Really!!!  

Did not insult you mate, just seen all your posts making large this that and the other. If your in the know fine, but I won’t insult you.

You called me a Hurst apologist and are now saying I'm "making large" whatever that means. I find them both insulting.

There are several posts of the "when will the happy clappers/ pro Hurst brigade realise how wrong they are and how right we are" variety.

I'm no Hurst apologist and have said more than once that if he were sacked today, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. While he is manager he will get my support and I happen to think he should remain manager for the next transfer window. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it but neither do you need to start spitting your bile in the direction of anyone who thinks differently to you.

I will also make the point yet again, that it doesn't matter one iota what we think because it makes no difference to the results or whether the board decide it's time for him to go or not. Calling out other fans with differing views is just childish and even leads to punch ups between our own fans, as has happened twice already. It's divisive and serves no purpose.

I see Leeds were referenced in an earlier post and yesterday they lost to Arsenal, whose manager was being similarly criticised not that long ago and the Gunners fans wanted him out. He's still there and their form has improved massively.

There are also plenty saying it isn't their job to find a new manager when questioned who should replace PH and others saying there are plenty of managers out there to choose from. The same arguments were made before we appointed Slade 2 and Bignot and Jolley and Holloway. That went well didn't it?

There are those saying PH was lucky to get us promoted last time, forgetting the rotten luck he had against Gateshead and Bristol Rovers. He also got us into the play offs 4 years running and had got his previous 2 teams promoted before he came here, which again is being overlooked.

Have a look at Chesterfield and Stockport, the last 2 teams to beat us and see how well they did when being relegated to non league before they found their feet. Both struggled massively.

If you want that "quick fix" of a new manager, then fine, keep protesting long and loud, but don't call out others who don't agree and don't expect it to be a magic formula to success if it happens. We have no guarantee it will work, but we have plenty of evidence that it hasn't in the past. Since PH was here last time, we have had a series of duff managers, each worse than the last one.

Finally, I am just as pi$$ed off as anyone with recent results. You don't get the monopoly on the pain of losing to Solihull and Aldershot etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 161
chaos33
December 19, 2021, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from ginnywings

You called me a Hurst apologist and are now saying I'm "making large" whatever that means. I find them both insulting.

There are several posts of the "when will the happy clappers/ pro Hurst brigade realise how wrong they are and how right we are" variety.

I'm no Hurst apologist and have said more than once that if he were sacked today, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. While he is manager he will get my support and I happen to think he should remain manager for the next transfer window. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it but neither do you need to start spitting your bile in the direction of anyone who thinks differently to you.

I will also make the point yet again, that it doesn't matter one iota what we think because it makes no difference to the results or whether the board decide it's time for him to go or not. Calling out other fans with differing views is just childish and even leads to punch ups between our own fans, as has happened twice already. It's divisive and serves no purpose.

I see Leeds were referenced in an earlier post and yesterday they lost to Arsenal, whose manager was being similarly criticised not that long ago and the Gunners fans wanted him out. He's still there and their form has improved massively.

There are also plenty saying it isn't their job to find a new manager when questioned who should replace PH and others saying there are plenty of managers out there to choose from. The same arguments were made before we appointed Slade 2 and Bignot and Jolley and Holloway. That went well didn't it?

There are those saying PH was lucky to get us promoted last time, forgetting the rotten luck he had against Gateshead and Bristol Rovers. He also got us into the play offs 4 years running and had got his previous 2 teams promoted before he came here, which again is being overlooked.

Have a look at Chesterfield and Stockport, the last 2 teams to beat us and see how well they did when being relegated to non league before they found their feet. Both struggled massively.

If you want that "quick fix" of a new manager, then fine, keep protesting long and loud, but don't call out others who don't agree and don't expect it to be a magic formula to success if it happens. We have no guarantee it will work, but we have plenty of evidence that it hasn't in the past. Since PH was here last time, we have had a series of duff managers, each worse than the last one.

Finally, I am just as pi$$ed off as anyone with recent results. You don't get the monopoly on the pain of losing to Solihull and Aldershot etc.

Completely with you mate. Agree fully.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 161
GhostDan
December 19, 2021, 4:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Ipswin

No I don't he didn't win anything. Those who are not winners are by definition  losers

As I said before, I’m firmly on the fence - I was incredibly happy when PH came back, I was largely happy to give him a free hit last season as I believe the damage was long done.  

I still believe that we are still a good enough team to be top 4/5 and PH deserves time to get it right but the facts are the last 10 games have been pretty horrific and that is worrying, I want PH around be the man to turn us around more than anything but I don’t have the answers for what’s going wrong or more importantly, who could replace him and be successful.

I have absolutely no issue with anybody who is PH out, as long as you can make a coherent argument that stretches beyond “Hurst is a loser” and possibly offer up a few realistic solutions to our problems, then I’m all ears.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 161
Mighty_Mariner
December 19, 2021, 5:43pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Poojah

I still think there’s an outside chance James Morton is a future Ballon d’Or winner.

Probably more chance of winning Hot Air Balloon of the year!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 161
HerveJosse
December 19, 2021, 7:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 143
We are in a situation which it is very difficult to understand. Top of the League playing progressive pressing football and a number of players looking very good. Then lose nine out of ten many of those against poor sides. Players who were looking good now looking inadequate and confidence shot. Manager gone on the defensive on and off the pitch .Whatever has gone on it is difficult to brush off as the normal ups and downs of football or that the management is not culpable in some part.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 161
ska face
December 19, 2021, 7:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,621
Gold Stars: 840
Someone please - in all seriousness - tell me which matches we’ve lost?

I can only count 8 in 9.
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 161
HerveJosse
December 19, 2021, 8:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from ska face
Someone please - in all seriousness - tell me which matches we’ve lost?

I can only count 8 in 9.

Yes your right .Sorry I retract my post .All is well after all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul "Teflon" Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.