17 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Sir Matt Tease
December 18, 2021, 4:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 31
How much longer are some posters on here going to defend this charlatan of a manager and start attributing our recent catastrophic form to him ?

First it was Holloway's fault, blah blah blah
Then it was Fenty's fault, blah blah blah
Then it was injuries and sending's off, blah blah blah
Today's excuse will be Covid, blah blah blah

You would think that we are the only team affected by these excuse's, WE ARE NOT ! Other teams seem to get by with injuries and suspensions and maintain reasonable form.

Lets not forget he managed to get a team relegated who were not even in the relegation places when he arrived and more recently has even managed to turn what looked a good side into the dog and duck !

How long before something sticks and this man's managerial inadequacies are exposed ?

On the plus side, if we stick with him we are now officially only five and a half years away from promotion !!!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 18, 2021, 4:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 78
He’s sustainable and has great values so the chairman loves him, results are irrelevant. I’m afraid we are stuck with him

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 161
exiledmeggie
December 18, 2021, 5:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -226
Gold Stars: 18
Here we go again!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 161
pen penfras
December 18, 2021, 5:07pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
How much longer are some posters on here going to defend this charlatan of a manager and start attributing our recent catastrophic form to him ?

You would think that we are the only team affected by these excuse's, WE ARE NOT ! Other teams seem to get by with injuries and suspensions and maintain reasonable form.

Lets not forget he managed to get a team relegated who were not even in the relegation places when he arrived and more recently has even managed to turn what looked a good side into the dog and duck !

How long before something sticks and this man's managerial inadequacies are exposed ?

On the plus side, if we stick with him we are now officially only five and a half years away from promotion !!!!!!!

In his defence, he did build what looked like a good side. I think there was a bit of good luck and playing sides at the right time in there which made expectations higher than they should have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 161
ackomariner
December 18, 2021, 5:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

Gold star from me,  excellent post...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 161
sonofmadeleymariner
December 18, 2021, 5:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from pen penfras

In his defence, he did build what looked like a good side. I think there was a bit of good luck and playing sides at the right time in there which made expectations higher than they should have been.

Sorry he built what looked like a very average squad. That appears to of just got lucky at the start of the year now unfortunately.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 161
GollyGTFC
December 18, 2021, 5:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Ian Holloway won 11 out of 33 league matches as Town manager and achieved 40 points. That is a win percentage of 33.3% and 1.21 points per game. The 10 league games before IH was appointed yielded 8 points.

Paul Hurst has won 15 out of his 44 league matches since returning and achieved 55 points. That is a win percentage of 34.1% and 1.25 points per game. The 10 league games prior to PH returning yielded 8 points also.

Discuss…
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 161
pen penfras

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71

Sorry he built what looked like a very average squad. That appears to of just got lucky at the start of the year now unfortunately.

Well I agree that it looked lacking before a ball was kicked. And the people who said that got criticised and were eating their words after the start we had. It certainly didn't look anywhere near as bad as what it seems to be right now though.

But the statement was that Hurst turned a good side into this. If it was a good side, then Hurst was responsible for that too...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 161
GrimRob

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113

He hasn't built the squad yet. The coveted Number 9 shirt remains unclaimed.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 161
MuddyWaters
December 18, 2021, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
On current form, he has to go. These are his players, he signed them, he told us that they were the right characters, he coaches them, he picks them.

The buck stops there.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 161
17 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul "Teflon" Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.