Hagrid
December 18, 2021, 4:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
I feel this needs saying

I feel their discipline and pride and fight has been found sadly lacking in this run. And yes Hurst is rightly culpable, but this lot equally so. Very very dissapointed in the lot of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
December 18, 2021, 4:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
These players seen to have lost their mojo, wether something's gone on behind the scenes I'm not sure but from playing with freedom and class to an absolute shitshow (yes that's twice I've said that).
I'm on Humberside after 5 and I ain't holding back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
chicaneuk
December 18, 2021, 9:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Why do we regularly seem to suffer from total morale collapses in this club.. regardless of managers, squad and now seemingly owners?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
HertsGTFC
December 18, 2021, 10:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,643
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Hagrid
I feel this needs saying

I feel their discipline and pride and fight has been found sadly lacking in this run. And yes Hurst is rightly culpable, but this lot equally so. Very very dissapointed in the lot of them

Agree, don’t think it’s anything specific “behind the scenes” like people love to theorise but I think the make up and mix of the group has been exposed for their lack of being able to hack the physical demands and a lack of resilience.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Madeleymariner
December 18, 2021, 10:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
The problem is as soon as we lost a game he tinkered with players/formations every week, Towler has one dodgy game and hes dropped, Bapaga/Sousa for a week dont produce so dropped, Hunt the same, players in and out, back 4/5 hardly ever the same for last 5 weeks, they will never get into any rythem or consistency. Most of the players are the same, its the way they are used is the problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
oochiad
December 18, 2021, 10:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Probably because they read all the ridiculous crap about them on here……..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Mighty_Mariner
December 19, 2021, 3:43am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree, don’t think it’s anything specific “behind the scenes” like people love to theorise but I think the make up and mix of the group has been exposed for their lack of being able to hack the physical demands and a lack of resilience.

Interestingly, traits that historically, are not lacking in a Paul Hurst squad. It has been said many times that his strength was/isputting together a group of players who were very fit, had the right attitude and would run through walls!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
OneLove
December 19, 2021, 6:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
the 'GREAT TOGETHER' slogan has quickly disappeared with these lot, its head baffling how a team can go from scoring from any position on the pitch and good flowing football to shiite. My theory is they've burnt out on and off the pitch, lost their bolllocks big time detaching themselves from the club. When we was doing well the players was constantly on social media buzzing and praising the fans (which I found a tad fake at times) now there is nothing, not one player apologising for the demise, the lack of performance. Ive always thought the constant in and out of managers season after season was a bad thing and I've believed that hurst should be given time to build but now I'm 50/50 he seems shot and defeated, excuse after excuse and again no apologies. Serious situation this is and the club should take a good look at whats more worth it keeping the fans on board or keeping not arssed squad together!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
dapperz fun pub
December 19, 2021, 7:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
The problem with the players is their a average bunch for level five other than one player that is. Now it’s possible to have a solid season at this level with average players if the manager can squeeze a bit more out of them , hurst clearly can’t …
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Mariner John
December 19, 2021, 7:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
When we was doing well the players was constantly on social media buzzing and praising the fans (which I found a tad fake at times) now there is nothing, not one player apologising for the demise, the lack of performance.

Had a look on Instagram this morning, you sir are 100% correct. All more or less vanished with zilch football related
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
Davec
December 19, 2021, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from oochiad
Probably because they read all the ridiculous crap about them on here……..

Err no the fans are not responsible for the disgraceful performances and results...

Wondered how long it would be before somebody blamed the fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
pen penfras
December 19, 2021, 9:36am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -138
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from OneLove
the 'GREAT TOGETHER' slogan has quickly disappeared with these lot, its head baffling how a team can go from scoring from any position on the pitch and good flowing football to shiite. My theory is they've burnt out on and off the pitch, lost their bolllocks big time detaching themselves from the club. When we was doing well the players was constantly on social media buzzing and praising the fans (which I found a tad fake at times) now there is nothing, not one player apologising for the demise, the lack of performance. Ive always thought the constant in and out of managers season after season was a bad thing and I've believed that hurst should be given time to build but now I'm 50/50 he seems shot and defeated, excuse after excuse and again no apologies. Serious situation this is and the club should take a good look at whats more worth it keeping the fans on board or keeping not arssed squad together!

Of course it's fake and of course they're not posting now. Imagine the abuse they'd get if they did. The vast majority won't be accepting of an apology, they'll say it's not good enough and start with the abuse. Best to stay quiet when things aren't going well.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Bigdog
December 19, 2021, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Have to laugh at these endless new threads. It's obvious injuries and a suspension of a key player affected results which in turn affected confidence. Sometimes hard to turn around if you can't put close to or your best eleven out. Funny how the sage self-appointed level headed fans who at the start of the season would have been happy for us to squeeze into the play offs are now getting their knickers in a twist because we're in 8th. Man up, support the players, support the manager until we can get something like our best team out onto the pitch, scrap to a much needed win and the confidence will return. We're going through a tough spell. No need for the fans to make it even harder..

Fook me.. I haven't even seen Town win yet this season. I've been to a fair few, and I'm still much calmer than you lot..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
MuddyWaters
December 19, 2021, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Bigdog
Have to laugh at these endless new threads. It's obvious injuries and a suspension of a key player affected results which in turn affected confidence. Sometimes hard to turn around if you can't put close to or your best eleven out. Funny how the sage self-appointed level headed fans who at the start of the season would have been happy for us to squeeze into the play offs are now getting their knickers in a twist because we're in 8th. Man up, support the players, support the manager until we can get something like our best team out onto the pitch, scrap to a much needed win and the confidence will return. We're going through a tough spell. No need for the fans to make it even harder..

Fook me.. I haven't even seen Town win yet this season. I've been to a fair few, and I'm still much calmer than you lot..

That’s probably why you’re calm. Expectations went through the roof after the start.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.