Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport FA Trophy Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 360 Guests

Stockport FA Trophy Match Thread

This thread currently has 22,180 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
December 18, 2021, 5:17pm
Guest User
Look what Boston Utd  have done to Kidderminster , puts in perspective our position at present.
Reply: 190 - 203
DB
December 18, 2021, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Poojah

I get that. I’m just saying this one won’t be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. He’s got a maximum of three games to find a win, less if results and performances are particularly bad.

I think many posted mid week that the Kings Lynn game will be the decider if we don't chalk up a win against Boreham Wood or Halifax. The problem is and has been every week lately that the team bus turns up, but the team don't.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 203
GrimRob
December 18, 2021, 5:24pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 4055
Look what Boston Utd  have done to Kidderminster , puts in perspective our position at present.

I don't think anyone really has an issue with losing today, it's the fact that we are getting increasingly uncompetitive as every game goes on. The first couple of defeats were close games that didn't go our way, then we started to deserve to lose games, now we are getting completely outplayed. Confidence has plummeted, in the squad and in the stands. Probably in the boardroom too.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 192 - 203
grimsby pete
December 18, 2021, 5:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
What Hurst needs to do is get all the fit lads giving a positive test to get all games postponed until the new year.

Then spend some bloody money and get some decent players in that want to play for him.

The chairman will not sack him until the end of the season at the earliest so let's hope he can turns things round with a few new players.

If not the gates will drop below 3,000 and we will be back to having no money and scraping the barrel for players again.

Merry Christmas everybody I am off to lock myself in a dark room where I can not get any football or cricket scores until the new year.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 203
DB
December 18, 2021, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from grimsby pete
What Hurst needs to do is get all the fit lads giving a positive test to get all games postponed until the new year.

Then spend some bloody money and get some decent players in that want to play for him.

The chairman will not sack him until the end of the season at the earliest so let's hope he can turns things round with a few new players.

If not the gates will drop below 3,000 and we will be back to having no money and scraping the barrel for players again.

Merry Christmas everybody I am off to lock myself in a dark room where I can not get any football or cricket scores until the new year.

Attendances may drop below 3,000 but season tickets are far more than this so the revenue is already in. Only match day sales may be less which still could be 1,000 +

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 203
pen penfras
December 18, 2021, 5:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from DB

Attendances may drop below 3,000 but season tickets are far more than this so the revenue is already in. Only match day sales may be less which still could be 1,000 +

Kind of irrelevant what season ticket sales are this season. We had a slight increase after the board room change and a big increase with the start we had. That's all meaningless if we're back to 4k gates next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 203
ginnywings
December 18, 2021, 5:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Guess I'll have no difficulty getting a seat for the next game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 203
Abdul19
December 18, 2021, 5:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I'm used to GTFC being shit, but I've never known us go from being good to shit so sharply. It's weird.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 203
golfer
December 19, 2021, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Every player that I have seen this season wants to win and runs their guts out - no dispute. They have the skill that they had at the start of the season - no dispute. What has altered ?  The players have to play the way they are told by Hurst - no dispute. The tactics are chosen by Hurst - no dispute. The team is picked by Hurst - no dispute. Substitutes are made by Hurst - no dispute. Who is supposed to gee the players up - Hurst - no dispute.  Who's fcking fault is it - NO DISPUTE.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 203
Ipswin
December 19, 2021, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings
Guess I'll have no difficulty getting a seat for the next game.

You could easily get a game never mind a seat mate and lets face it you couldn't do more than some of them at the moment in fact you could end up as MOM if you have a shot on goal

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 203
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport FA Trophy Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.