Oly1987
December 18, 2021, 4:41am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
https://youtu.be/WDUBl4aZH8s

HITC Sevens did a list of the top earners and to no-ones surprise Wrexham occupy 4 of the 7 spaces. No Town players on there but with the talk of transfer fees and the wages shown on there its safe to say that a lot of money is getting thrown around this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 18, 2021, 7:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Shame it’s just players. There’s an ex club guardian syphoning off nearly £20k per week or £1m a season at one club allegedly

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
GibMariner
December 18, 2021, 8:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -938
Gold Stars: 21
Our owners are rich enough to compete if they really want to.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
pen penfras
December 18, 2021, 8:17am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GibMariner

Depends how much you think people should put of their own money in to the club. They'd be putting a very large amount of their personal wealth in to compete with those sort of numbers and then if they left it'd be a disaster.

Reports are that Stockwood has nowhere near as much money as you'd think from looking at his CV. I expected him to be £100 million +, but google says nowhere near.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
aldi_01
December 18, 2021, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

Depends how much you think people should put of their own money in to the club. They'd be putting a very large amount of their personal wealth in to compete with those sort of numbers and then if they left it'd be a disaster.

Reports are that Stockwood has nowhere near as much money as you'd think from looking at his CV. I expected him to be £100 million +, but google says nowhere near.

I remember when Mike Ashley was giving an interview and he was asked about putting cash in to the club and he said that in order to get his hands on the amount they’d probably need he’d need to shift plenty of assets, my understanding is that it’s similar to stockwood.

There’s cash flying around but as a fan of those clubs you’d be concerned about what the club can look like when those owners leave, especially Wrexham, a club that not long ago were struggling financially through previous financial mismanagement…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
aldi_01
December 18, 2021, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

I remember when Mike Ashley was giving an interview and he was asked about putting cash in to the club and he said that in order to get his hands on the amount they’d probably need he’d need to shift plenty of assets, my understanding is that it’s similar to stockwood.

There’s cash flying around but as a fan of those clubs you’d be concerned about what the club can look like when those owners leave, especially Wrexham, a club that not long ago were struggling financially through previous financial mismanagement…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
GibMariner
December 18, 2021, 8:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -938
Gold Stars: 21
We know they keep talking about sustainability which is what the last owner achieved.

Not sure what these guys have spent on none essentials and getting rid of staff etc but I bet it’s a pretty penny.

Add to that parachute payments and the money ‘allegedly’ reported in the bank when they took over, did they not have a chance to give it a real go notwithstanding committing to payback long term debt personally which doesn’t saddle the future relating to risks you raise.  

I’m in hope of a good Jan window to at least shuffle the pack and prepare for a good finish and prep into next season.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
jamesgtfc
December 18, 2021, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GibMariner
We know they keep talking about sustainability which is what the last owner achieved.

Not sure what these guys have spent on none essentials and getting rid of staff etc but I bet it’s a pretty penny.

Add to that parachute payments and the money ‘allegedly’ reported in the bank when they took over, did they not have a chance to give it a real go notwithstanding committing to payback long term debt personally which doesn’t saddle the future relating to risks you raise.  

I’m in hope of a good Jan window to at least shuffle the pack and prepare for a good finish and prep into next season.

They had to pay £2.5m for an alleged £800k bank balance.

I don't recall hearing about any redundancies, it appears that people like Fleming, Dale and Ladson were managed out of the business and resigned of their own accord.

Unwanted players were cast to one side which suggests we waited for them to accept less and the only one on the payroll is Rose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
ska face
December 18, 2021, 9:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838
Quoted from GibMariner

How do you know?

Nearly a year down the line since the takeover first kicked off and yet to see anyone put a figure on Stockwood & Pettit’s wealth. Apart from the Fenty fluffers constantly insinuating they know something we don’t.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
HerveJosse
December 18, 2021, 9:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from jamesgtfc

They had to pay £2.5m for an alleged £800k bank balance.

I don't recall hearing about any redundancies, it appears that people like Fleming, Dale and Ladson were managed out of the business and resigned of their own accord.

Unwanted players were cast to one side which suggests we waited for them to accept less and the only one on the payroll is Rose.

They paid £950k to acquire a club with £800K in the bank and a debt  of £1.5 m to the former owner. That is a very different thing. The £1.5 m debt will be repaid from ongoing revenue including transfer income not necessary the new owners. With Dembele now set to leave in the January transfer window  there net cost to buy the club could well be £150k .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Higest earners in national league

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.