11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Withnail
December 16, 2021, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 36
About time clubs started asking for proof of vaccination from all their brain dead unvaxxed players. Failure to comply should result in unpaid leave for six months, employment termination thereafter. How else do you make these infantile, gullible players see sense?

And why the feck should fans at games with 10k+ attendances have to provide proof of vaccination if the players who share changing rooms, coaches, dining tables, hotels, etc...etc...not have to bother?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 106
Hagrid
December 16, 2021, 9:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
I think they do it- ie believe the conspiracys- because they love to feel different

Stop being selfish, get the flipping vaccine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 106
Stadium
December 16, 2021, 10:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Withnail
About time clubs started asking for proof of vaccination on all their brain dead unvaxxed players. Failure to comply should result in unpaid leave for six months, employment termination thereafter. How else do you make these infantile, gullible players see sense?

And why the feck should fans at games with 10k+ attendances have to provide proof of vaccination if the players who share changing rooms, coaches, dining tables, hotels, etc...etc...not have to bother?

Not a bad attempt at a wind up.
Unpaid leave and termination ??
Like to see any club try and implement that.
Going beyond your brain dead comment what do you think their thought process is of not taking vaccination?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 106
HertsGTFC
December 16, 2021, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Maringer
Likely to be the last game for a couple of months, I expect. All the players ought to come through it fine without any lasting issues but it's going to be all but impossible to train properly when it really hits.

Really?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 106
KingstonMariner
December 16, 2021, 10:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Wow, just wow

Durr, just, durr

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 106
rancido
December 16, 2021, 10:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

How many more times does it have to be pointed out that having the vaccine does not stop you getting infected and nobody ever claimed that it did.

It's not that difficult to grasp why we are being asked to have the vaccine, surely?

So very true. A simple analogy is the fitting of seat belts in cars. They are a legal requirement as indeed is their use yet it has never been claimed they will prevent you having a driving accident or getting injured. But they will greatly reduce the chance of you getting seriously injured.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 106
Maringer
December 16, 2021, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from aldi_01

So your last paragraph would imply that vaccines aren’t the answer then, even though we were told they were.

It’s a flipping mess and nobody really has a clue about any of it anymore because there’s so much bullshit you can’t sift through properly and get any real answers. We’ve governments paying news agencies to publish ‘pro vaccine’ stories, our own lying through its back teethe and lining the pocket of any chums they can find, countries shutting things to everyone even though they had covid type passports, doom merchants and the extremes the other way.

At what point do we stop and just realise these things never go away and we go about our lives? This stop start approach can’t be sustained or practical.

As for town, just play the game, get it out the way. I didn’t realise it counted towards one of Mcatee’s games though…great if it does.

The vaccines will save tens of thousands of lives in this country during the next few months. That's a plus, I think you'll agree. We're going to be seeing millions of Omicron cases but, with a bit of luck, we'll see fewer than the 80,000 or so deaths during the Alpha wave - which will be entirely down to the vaccines.

Your problem is that you're still assuming this virus is the same as the one which started it all off in January 2020. It is much, much, much (much) more infectious, can avoid some of the immunity built up during past waves and get past much of the immunity generated by the vaccine rollout. Alpha was much more infectious and deadly than the original virus. Delta was much more infectious than Alpha and this Omicron is just ludicrously infectious. We still don't know how dangerous it will be in a population the age of ours. When you've got the WHO, CDC, ECDC, UKHSE, SSI (in Denmark), the RKI (in Germany) and every other major health body stating that this variant is a game-changer, it's just amazing that people are still talking it down! Unless you've put on a tinfoil hat because you think it's all a global conspiracy, there is literally no way you can ignore all these cautionary voices.

As for footy, 6 Premier League matches cancelled this week already. I'd imagine this will increase over the next few days and play will be suspended before Christmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 106
Maringer
December 16, 2021, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Really?

Yep, I think so. Sounds odd but this thing is doubling in 2 days or less. It's why they are expecting over a million cases a day before Christmas. I know Johnson has said today that we aren't going to lockdown again (as an aside), but unfortunately, I think he'll have to change tack next week. I say unfortunately, because we should have taken measures a week or two ago to have a chance of keeping it anywhere near in check.

I tell you what, I'd love to be wrong about this and have to eat humble pie, but I think I'm pretty safe. Well, safe from the humble pie, not from becoming infected with Omicron.

It would be a very good time to stop doing risky things because getting good healthcare in the event of an accident is likely to become very difficult in a week or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 106
SouthLakesMariner
December 17, 2021, 1:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Maringer

I'd be surprised if many of our players had received their boosters yet. In addition to this, early data shows efficacy against infection is approximately 70% if you're 'boosted', down to about 30% if just double-vaccinated so that would still be a lot of the squad vulnerable to infection (though they shouldn't get too ill). It takes a week for any protection to kick in from the booster and gets strongest from about 2 weeks onwards. Lots of chances for infection there. I suppose the past and relatively recent cases in the squad should give some protection as well. Regardless, it's likely to be the general situation which leads to suspension of play - unless the vaccines end up working better than expected. Not holding my breath on that.

3 days for protection to kick in and 10 days for maximum protection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 106
ginnywings
December 17, 2021, 1:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
These figures are for vaccine uptake for the EFL, which will be reflected all the way down the pyramid, as footballers fall into a certain demographic. Basically a quarter of players are not intending to get the jab, and as of last month, 31% hadn't even had the first dose, so that will have a big impact on the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › covid Cases at town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.