fishcake63
December 16, 2021, 6:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Chrisblor

Oh obviously, but I'd rather we didn't shutdown society again just to cater to a small subset of the population who are too stubborn to follow the scientific and medical consensus on vaccinations. If it keeps pubs open and football going i'm fully onboard the vaccination passport bandwagon.

Problem is it's mainly the vaccinated & boosted catching it not the unvaxxed & that's a fact .. p.s i'm triple jabbed but just speaking the truth , 15 off work with it at least 11 all ad at least two jabs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 106
pen penfras
December 16, 2021, 6:07pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

So your last paragraph would imply that vaccines aren’t the answer then, even though we were told they were.

It’s a flipping mess and nobody really has a clue about any of it anymore because there’s so much bullshit you can’t sift through properly and get any real answers. We’ve governments paying news agencies to publish ‘pro vaccine’ stories, our own lying through its back teethe and lining the pocket of any chums they can find, countries shutting things to everyone even though they had covid type passports, doom merchants and the extremes the other way.

At what point do we stop and just realise these things never go away and we go about our lives? This stop start approach can’t be sustained or practical.

As for town, just play the game, get it out the way. I didn’t realise it counted towards one of Mcatee’s games though…great if it does.

I agree with you to a large degree, but cases are clearly rocketing up at an alarming rate. We don't know if Omicron is milder or more severe because it hasn't been around long enough and we're not comparing the same situation as when Delta cam along and nobody had any immunity whatsoever. Until we know what Omicron looks like in terms of hospitalisation and deaths, it would make sense to minimise the spread whilst we can get some data. But having a lockdown is so unpopular, particularly with the governments antics last year that we're in a tough situation. Nobody wants to lose another Christmas either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 106
pen penfras
December 16, 2021, 6:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from fishcake63

Problem is it's mainly the vaccinated & boosted catching it not the unvaxxed & that's a fact .. p.s i'm triple jabbed but just speaking the truth , 15 off work with it at least 11 all ad at least two jabs

Well yes, but they make up nearly 90% of the population, so it's not exactly a balanced fact. I think if you take it as a ratio, then that's not actually true. But vaccines aren't stopping people catching it or spreading it because if they were then it'd be gone in this country by now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 106
Squinter
December 16, 2021, 6:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Grimsby2012

You do realise even with vaccines and boosters, lock downs will still occur. New strains will appear all the time and its fairly evident that just having vaccines and boosters will not stop the spread. Just look at how many cases occurred in 1 day yesterday (78,000). If your assumptions that the unvaccinated are "A small subset of the population " then why are so many getting covid. Simple, vaccines will only limit possibly being hospitalised. So, if we are seeing the huge numbers of cases, and the government expect unprecedented numbers to follow. It begs the question. If the unvaccinated are a small subset of the population, and the majority are vaccinated, and not even this large majority will stop the unprecedented numbers to follow, why is it not up to someone whether they are vaccinated or not? Clearly the small number of unvaccinated are not contributing to the increase in numbers, its more likely the vaccinated are by thinking they are immune or safe to congregate with other vaccinated.

As for covid passports. They don't really make any difference as you can supply negative flow tests.

There's a trending video going round tik tok in which a funeral director in Mansfield was saying he's getting body after body who died due to complications of blood clots... all were vaccinated. He even tried to report this but was ignored... he's well documented. So if that is the case, and many, many cases of vaccine deaths are being censored, I think its safe to say its completely up to the individual whether they want a vaccine or not. I'm sure some will dismiss this fact, but that's what it comes down it.

Sorry, but most of that is nonsense.  Yes the vaccinated will still catch it, but its cutting down the risk of hospitalisation and death that is key.   I posted this on another thread, but last week we had 60,000 in one day and 120 deaths.  One day in January this year before anybody had been vaccinated we had 60000 cases with 1200 deaths !!!!   It's very simple maths.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 106
pontoonlew
December 16, 2021, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,991
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

I agree with you to a large degree, but cases are clearly rocketing up at an alarming rate. We don't know if Omicron is milder or more severe because it hasn't been around long enough and we're not comparing the same situation as when Delta cam along and nobody had any immunity whatsoever. Until we know what Omicron looks like in terms of hospitalisation and deaths, it would make sense to minimise the spread whilst we can get some data. But having a lockdown is so unpopular, particularly with the governments antics last year that we're in a tough situation. Nobody wants to lose another Christmas either.

It seems a lot like some people do desperately want an Xmas lockdown though doesn’t it? Some people appear to be enjoying it if anything.

The early data from South Africa looks very good on deaths, they’ve absolutely plummeted and continue to do so. Hopefully we can go the same way, although some people appear to prefer the option of hiding in their homes, which they’re fully entitled to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 106
rancido
December 16, 2021, 6:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Chrisblor

Oh obviously, but I'd rather we didn't shutdown society again just to cater to a small subset of the population who are too stubborn to follow the scientific and medical consensus on vaccinations. If it keeps pubs open and football going i'm fully onboard the vaccination passport bandwagon.

I agree but some don't see the bigger picture, as outlined on another thread.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 106
Son of Cod
December 16, 2021, 6:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Grimsby2012

You do realise even with vaccines and boosters, lock downs will still occur. New strains will appear all the time and its fairly evident that just having vaccines and boosters will not stop the spread. Just look at how many cases occurred in 1 day yesterday (78,000). If your assumptions that the unvaccinated are "A small subset of the population " then why are so many getting covid. Simple, vaccines will only limit possibly being hospitalised. So, if we are seeing the huge numbers of cases, and the government expect unprecedented numbers to follow. It begs the question. If the unvaccinated are a small subset of the population, and the majority are vaccinated, and not even this large majority will stop the unprecedented numbers to follow, why is it not up to someone whether they are vaccinated or not? Clearly the small number of unvaccinated are not contributing to the increase in numbers, its more likely the vaccinated are by thinking they are immune or safe to congregate with other vaccinated.

As for covid passports. They don't really make any difference as you can supply negative flow tests.

There's a trending video going round tik tok in which a funeral director in Mansfield was saying he's getting body after body who died due to complications of blood clots... all were vaccinated. He even tried to report this but was ignored... he's well documented. So if that is the case, and many, many cases of vaccine deaths are being censored, I think its safe to say its completely up to the individual whether they want a vaccine or not. I'm sure some will dismiss this fact, but that's what it comes down it.

Why are the numbers so high now when so many are vaccinated? Because the vaccines have lifespans hence there being a massive push to get booster jabs.

Shouldn't it be a person's choice about whether they get vaccinated or not? Of course it should, but they can't expect to get into events and places that require COVID passes if they aren't vaccinated.

Next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 106
wigworld
December 16, 2021, 6:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Chrisblor

Absolute nonsense, we've got vaccines and boosters.

There's no way boosters can be delivered fast enough to cope with the rate of growth with this variant.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 106
Ipswin
December 16, 2021, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from fishcake63

That is a blow I agree The only good thing is that those who deliberately choose to remain unvaccinated and/or refuse to wear a mask (both without good reason) might get a more severe dose

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › covid Cases at town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.