Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mariner_501

“Quite easily kill you”

Erm I’m not so sure about that mate. Unless you’re 75+ or 10 stone overweight

FFS, not what the data tells us 🤦‍♂️

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
pen penfras
December 19, 2021, 11:27am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -141
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from HertsGTFC

FFS, not what the data tells us 🤦‍♂️

Under 40 the death rate ranges from 0.006% to 0.014%. Do you really think that's the data telling you it could quite easily kill you? And that's from the known cases. The scientists say we only detect about 1/3 of cases and the non detected ones are heavily biased into this age group. So that number is probably about 5 times higher than reality.

Over 75 it goes from 0.8% to over 5% for over 90s. Now that really is a high chance of death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
Stadium
December 19, 2021, 6:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
If only the older population adhered to the rules:

Older people break Covid rules more than the young because they worry less about the future

Older people break lockdown mixing rules more than the younger generation because they are less worried about the future, according to a new study.

Scientists from the University of Kent found that younger people who went to raves in breach of lockdown restrictions earlier this year broke fewer Covid guidelines than single-vaccinated 80-year-olds.

While clubbers wore face masks and regularly washed their hands on the dance floor, those in their eighties carried on mixing in households without wearing a mask, breaking more restrictions.

The findings are linked to the outlook those over 80 years old have on their future lives.

Researchers said it was a case of older people being less concerned about the future, whereas the partygoers felt more responsibility as they had longer left to live.

They found more than 50 percent of those attending raves complied with the recommended Covid guidelines by wearing face coverings and regularly washing their hands when partying.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
HertsGTFC
December 19, 2021, 6:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Under 40 the death rate ranges from 0.006% to 0.014%. Do you really think that's the data telling you it could quite easily kill you? And that's from the known cases. The scientists say we only detect about 1/3 of cases and the non detected ones are heavily biased into this age group. So that number is probably about 5 times higher than reality.

Over 75 it goes from 0.8% to over 5% for over 90s. Now that really is a high chance of death.

Try telling that to the family if the unvaccinated Town supporter who I think had just turned 50 and passed away after contracting it whilst at the Wembley for the Euros. I can’t recall his name and if I could I wouldn’t post it but I felt really sorry for him & his family when I read it in the GET.

I worked with a guy who passed away prior to the vaccine, no underlying health conditions but was unfortunate enough to develop double pneumonia as the COVID cleared, this alongside the impact of COVID led to his heart failing. He was 41 and thought to be in good health.

The % of deaths in the mid range age band is indeed small but the virus is still deadly.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
ackomariner
December 19, 2021, 8:07pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Try telling that to the family if the unvaccinated Town supporter who I think had just turned 50 and passed away after contracting it whilst at the Wembley for the Euros. I can’t recall his name and if I could I wouldn’t post it but I felt really sorry for him & his family when I read it in the GET.

I worked with a guy who passed away prior to the vaccine, no underlying health conditions but was unfortunate enough to develop double pneumonia as the COVID cleared, this alongside the impact of COVID led to his heart failing. He was 41 and thought to be in good health.

The % of deaths in the mid range age band is indeed small but the virus is still deadly.

Was the lads name Glenn Barratt by any chance?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
HertsGTFC
December 19, 2021, 8:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Was the lads name Glenn Barratt by any chance?

I can’t recall mate but it took him really quickly, very sad.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
TAGG
December 19, 2021, 10:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
ZZZZZZZZ
                   ZZZ
                          ZZ
                              Z
                                 Z

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › covid Cases at town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.