3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
December 14, 2021, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/1470770555766910992?t=byjj7rWZJsQh4gi75YOFyQ&s=19

This is well worth a watch, quite inspirational really ..UTM..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Croxton
December 14, 2021, 7:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Bloomin' marvelous isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
promotion plaice
December 14, 2021, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193

What an inspiration these people are, and the way they are supporting each other is fantastic.

Puts your faith back in humanity after some of the horrendous stories recently.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
December 14, 2021, 7:59pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17
That is absolutely brilliant. Love it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Les Brechin
December 14, 2021, 8:16pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
I've often thought of joining these but a bit worried that I have part of my skull missing after the removal of my brain tumour and have to be very careful not to bang that side of my head. I know this is played at walking pace but still a bit worried about what could happen.

If anyone does play for them, I'd appreciate some advice about what the game does actually entail, obviously heading the ball is a no no for me, but not 100% sure what the actual rules are.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Poojah
December 14, 2021, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,413
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from Les Brechin
I've often thought of joining these but a bit worried that I have part of my skull missing after the removal of my brain tumour and have to be very careful not to bang that side of my head. I know this is played at walking pace but still a bit worried about what could happen.

If anyone does play for them, I'd appreciate some advice about what the game does actually entail, obviously heading the ball is a no no for me, but not 100% sure what the actual rules are.

Solutions not problems, Les. Should help keep you Omicron-free too!

[img]https://i.ibb.co/m6Mt1fC/78365-1.jpg[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
Les Brechin
December 14, 2021, 8:27pm

Quoted from Poojah

Solutions not problems, Les. Should help keep you Omicron-free too!

[img]https://i.ibb.co/m6Mt1fC/78365-1.jpg[/img]

Ha Ha, that'd be perfect Poojah.  

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
tanga_the_indestructible
December 14, 2021, 8:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin

I've been playing walking football for about  6 seasons down south and I've played a few times at Bradley when I've been home. There's no heading (free kick if it's above head height) and since Covid no tackling, really, either. I've only seen one injury in all that time (a broken finger saving a ball), it's genuinely played in a good spirit and the oldest player at my local game is 81.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Les Brechin
December 14, 2021, 8:48pm

I've been playing walking football for about  6 seasons down south and I've played a few times at Bradley when I've been home. There's no heading (free kick if it's above head height) and since Covid no tackling, really, either. I've only seen one injury in all that time (a broken finger saving a ball), it's genuinely played in a good spirit and the oldest player at my local game is 81.

If there's no heading, I might actually pop down one day when they're playing and have a word, although being called ancient might grind the gears a bit.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
Norseman
December 14, 2021, 11:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Les Brechin

If there's no heading, I might actually pop down one day when they're playing and have a word, although being called ancient might grind the gears a bit.  

I play walking football at Bradley 4 days a week Les .While there is no heading balls do occasionally hit people in the head and also occasional accidental collisions .It is always the case to try and avoid any physical contact but we have had people hit in the head accidentally by a flailing arm or as I say from a ball .But come down by all means and have a look .We also have people just come for the social side of watching as they have injury issues  and just  having a coffee and a bacon bun afterwards. Everyone over 55 is welcome
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Ancient Mariners

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.