toontown
December 13, 2021, 10:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I can't recall many throw ins on Saturday that were either taken near where the ball went out or properly.

Every single one of Waterfalls throws in the second half were foul throws.

it wasnt just waterfall, their throws were all foul throws too with the back foot in the air - really stood out as noticeable. the referee was real dross
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
Spidey
December 14, 2021, 12:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Ruston AT

I thought the three CB's did well, my biggest concern was Luke Waterfall taking illegal throw in's in the second half. PH please instruct LW how to take a throw in......both feet on the ground please.

Ha, I guy sat next to me in the upper Findus on Saturday mentioned this!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
chaos33
December 14, 2021, 3:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Madeleymariner
In the end but for about 6 players our squad is below average. We played with 3 cds against 1 up front on Sat and still left our best defender out. We  still lost. Shocking tactics/formation from Hurst, slowly heading towards the Hurst out camp.

I’m still waiting for you to name all those players in our squad who are ‘below average’ for this division….

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
fishboyUTM
December 14, 2021, 8:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Ipswin
Efete Waterfall Towler Crookes please asap

Yes, I think so. A reset of a kind and a clean slate. Get back to what we were doing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
mariner91
December 14, 2021, 11:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,577
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Ipswin
Efete Waterfall Towler Crookes please asap

Yep, there is no coincidence that this coincided with our good run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
Son of Cod
December 14, 2021, 12:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,329
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Maringer
Can't see Efete doing anything in a more advanced role. When he goes forward, he's usually pretty decent but he's hardly one to be bombing up and down the line all the time. My main criticism of him is that he doesn't get forward enough and I think Hurst has said the same in interviews. With the new winger we've signed and Scannell finally making an appearance, Bapaga and Sousa presumably available before long, I don't think we're so lacking in wide players that we need to bung a full-back upfield.

We all know Scannell will be injured before long and Bapaga, I'm not sure what he's done but he's seemingly been frozen out of the starting lineup for now - last start was at Wealdstone I believe.

I missed that quote from Hurst about Efete not getting forward enough, when was that? I wasn't at the Chesterfield match but at both Solihull and Dagenham he was probably the only player across both matches that consistently looked to run at their full back, so much so that he was flat out ignoring Sousa at Solihull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
Rodley Mariner
December 14, 2021, 12:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Agree Efete was by far our biggest threat at Solihull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 76
Hagrid
December 14, 2021, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from Son of Cod

We all know Scannell will be injured before long and Bapaga, I'm not sure what he's done but he's seemingly been frozen out of the starting lineup for now - last start was at Wealdstone I believe.

I missed that quote from Hurst about Efete not getting forward enough, when was that? I wasn't at the Chesterfield match but at both Solihull and Dagenham he was probably the only player across both matches that consistently looked to run at their full back, so much so that he was flat out ignoring Sousa at Solihull.

there was an inference on twitter that bapaga was in sears car the night he was caught Drink driving
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
GhostDan
December 14, 2021, 2:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
The rumour mill seems to explode whenever we lose, I've heard some brilliant ones in the last week or so;

McAtee was driving when Sears got caught and they switched seats as McAtee is on 9 points. (95% likely codswallop but quite adventurous)

Doig has basically alienated all the players with his attitude, hence the drop in form.  (Slightly more believable but not entirely convinced it's Doig attitude that stops the players hitting a cow's bottom with a banjo)

Bogle was begging to come but we turned him down because his attitude is horrendous. Apparently headed for Bromley in January. (Could easily be true)

Funny how you never really hear anything when we're doing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
pen penfras
December 14, 2021, 4:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GhostDan
The rumour mill seems to explode whenever we lose, I've heard some brilliant ones in the last week or so;

McAtee was driving when Sears got caught and they switched seats as McAtee is on 9 points. (95% likely codswallop but quite adventurous)

Doig has basically alienated all the players with his attitude, hence the drop in form.  (Slightly more believable but not entirely convinced it's Doig attitude that stops the players hitting a cow's bottom with a banjo)

Bogle was begging to come but we turned him down because his attitude is horrendous. Apparently headed for Bromley in January. (Could easily be true)

Funny how you never really hear anything when we're doing well.

I've heard and did last time he was here that Doig is a problem. Which seems very odd when Hurst takes him everywhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Towler

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.