Reply: 20 - 76
TownSNAFU5
December 13, 2021, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Towler has been excellent in home games at CB.   I have not been to any away games.  However, I
understand that he had one poor game away (at CB).  He is not suited to be a LB even if he has played there for Bristol City.

He offers something different at CB:   Pace, recovery tackles and allowing a higher defensive line.
He was an integral part of our excellent start to the season.

For whatever reason, he is not currently a first choice CB.  We don’t see him in training or are aware of any background factors so can only speculate.  He is one of the key players missing though whilst we are losing a lot of matches.

A similar position exists with Bapaga.  Driving into the box, winning penalties, scoring, taking players on.  An exciting player to watch.  Ok, the odd bad game (along with many other players).  He has also fallen out of favour.  Another player that was part of our success early season.

With Sousa also losing form or injured, we need someone who can take players on (Bapaga).  Especially with McAtee out for 6 weeks or so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 76
ska face
December 13, 2021, 12:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
6 weeks? He’ll be back for Boxing Day.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 76
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 13, 2021, 1:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from Hagrid

shocking from lennie

But wtf was he doing marking him, wheres the centre backs

Probably marking their centre backs and taller players like most teams too (unless you’re going the zonal route).

That’s not trying to excuse LJL’s brain fade by not ever being goal side of Tshimanga by the way.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
quebec38
December 13, 2021, 1:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Our back line and formation isn't why we lost on Saturday. Poor marking from LJL at the free kick is why we lost.

And if Pearson or Waterfall had got above their man in the first place then the ball never would have reached Thsimanga.
———-
Strange how Towler has gone from first or second choice to fourth without doing a lot wrong. Shame he wasn’t marking their big man on the free kick because I can’t think of a time he’s lost out on a header this season at home. I thought DLK was ok as well but Towler uses the ball much better than him too.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
Les Brechin
December 13, 2021, 1:09pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ska face
6 weeks? He’ll be back for Boxing Day.

Just what I was thinking. Unless he's got some injury everyone's not aware of yet?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
Ruston AT
December 13, 2021, 1:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 10

I thought the three CB's did well, my biggest concern was Luke Waterfall taking illegal throw in's in the second half. PH please instruct LW how to take a throw in......both feet on the ground please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 76
arryarryarry
December 13, 2021, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Our back line and formation isn't why we lost on Saturday. Poor marking from LJL at the free kick is why we lost.

I would still like to know why LJL was marking one of the most dangerous strikers in this league.

Still excrement defending from the centre-halves for me.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 13, 2021, 1:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would still like to know why LJL was marking one of the most dangerous strikers in this league.

Still excrement defending from the centre-halves for me.

If the internet is to be believed, Tshimanga is a generous 5’11”.

This is the same height as McAtee. Had McAtee been playing, their tall CBs wouldn’t have been marking McAtee would they? They would have been marking Pearson and Waterfall.

LJL is experienced, has played at a much higher level and has also played deeper roles at his previous clubs. There’s nothing wrong with LJL marking Tshimanga. He just didn’t do it very well.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
arryarryarry
December 13, 2021, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

If the internet is to be believed, Tshimanga is a generous 5’11”.

This is the same height as McAtee. Had McAtee been playing, their tall CBs wouldn’t have been marking McAtee would they? They would have been marking Pearson and Waterfall.

LJL is experienced, has played at a much higher level and has also played deeper roles at his previous clubs. There’s nothing wrong with LJL marking Tshimanga. He just didn’t do it very well.

Now I know you only come on here to take the urine. LJL has never been good at heading the ball no matter where he is on the pitch.

You should take your head out of your bottom and watch the goal again, Efete as in la la land and ball watching and Pearson and Waterfall both challenged their player for the first header and failed.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Towler

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.