8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
December 13, 2021, 9:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,067
Gold Stars: 40
Anyone know what's going on with him? Surely he hasn't been dropped, especially when we played three centre backs the other day, all similar. Towler reminds me of a young Paul Futcher, he's immense and reads the game so well. Makes it look easy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
December 13, 2021, 9:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I think 'rested' would be the official term.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
golfer
December 13, 2021, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
He's too much of an attacking player for Hurst's tactics - he disobeyed orders and came out of his own penalty area as he thought the congestion was too much when we were supposedly attacking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
fishboyUTM
December 13, 2021, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I think 'rested' would be the official term.

So he played three similar warhorse types in a back three against the leaders. Not surprised we played the 'percentage' balls (which means whacking the ball to nobody) when we have the divisions best centre back IMO available to us. At least he didn't play him at left back this time.

If I was Towler, I'd be packing my bags and heading back to Bristol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
chaos33
December 13, 2021, 10:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
I could see why you might say that or the player himself might think that, but hopefully he’ll see this as part of learning his trade as a pro, as it were. He’s still young. For what it’s worth I think he looked a very good player early season and you don’t lose that. Confidence and form dipped it seems, but I’d like to see him restored at CB in a pair with Waterfall. I can see that there is something in the notion that you must perform or you’ll lose your place, but there’s also something to be said for continuity and players being allowed/encouraged to regain their high standards by retaining their place in the team. It’s a difficult managerial balance to strike.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
joe56
December 13, 2021, 10:22am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
In my opinion, he’s been our best player this season bar none. Good in the air and tackle and excellent distribution. I think he’ll go a long way in the game, and we’ll feel privileged that he once played for us. I’m at a loss to know why he’s not in the team. I recall that Paul Hurst did complain after one game that the heading of our central defenders was below par, but if that was the case, Towler has paid a heavy price for it. I do hope that Bristol City aren’t planning to take him back in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
denni266
December 13, 2021, 10:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Its all about defence and stopping the opposition with hurst If he is still here in jan ( i hope not ) watch him bring more defenders in and a rookie striker  when we need neither .We need a quality  no 9 / striker  But we all know that  except hurst, and he wont pay for one in case he needs to get more defenders in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
jamesgtfc
December 13, 2021, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Our back line and formation isn't why we lost on Saturday. Poor marking from LJL at the free kick is why we lost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
fishboyUTM
December 13, 2021, 10:51am
Table Wine Drinker
We need that striker and if we're going to play three in midfield, we also need a midfielder that passes the ball forwards. We only have Alex Hunt who does that well and who knows if he will stay on? The other lads are quite similar in style. It's criminal we haven't signed that number 9. Hurst knows we need one, why else would the number 9 shirt not be allocated?

His excuses why we haven't brought one in are wearing thin. He's had since May effectively to find that player. I remember a while ago, he said he had a deal lined up for a championship striker but pulled out as the deal wasn't right. It isn't his money, if there was room in the budget he should have brought him in, as I feel his own career may have depended on it. Who cares if he earned more than the other lads? If I was a player, I'd accept the bloke who puts the ball in the back of the net earns more as I can't do it myself, and if the number 9 is successful, I'll be successful as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
chaos33
December 13, 2021, 11:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
I think Sam Bell looks a fine player.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Towler

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.