Swansea_Mariner
December 19, 2021, 9:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
A different type of Tweet this time from Jason, with seemingly a different type of tact. But one that is still resulting in criticism from fans

With Wycombemariner telling him that they’ve lost the fans already.

Two things here. Firstly my original post still stands. I don’t think it’s healthy for JS to be all over Twitter. But, my second point remains the same too. That, even though fans got their wish in a change of ownership, it hasn’t changed anything and fans are already turning on the new owners and being critical of them.

It’s an interesting situation. The Paul Hurst Out brigade are at large, bigger than ever. Paul Hurst is Jason and Andrews man, so it’s natural that their frustrations with PH being in office, is essentially a criticism of the owners for putting him there and keeping him there.

I guess that the lesson here is, that it doesn’t matter who the owners are, the fans will always be critical of them and will be fickle, even to whoever they thought were knights on shining horses

You will twist everything to align to your ridiculous narrative won't you. Bizarre.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
mariner91
December 19, 2021, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,553
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
A different type of Tweet this time from Jason, with seemingly a different type of tact. But one that is still resulting in criticism from fans

With Wycombemariner telling him that they’ve lost the fans already.

Two things here. Firstly my original post still stands. I don’t think it’s healthy for JS to be all over Twitter. But, my second point remains the same too. That, even though fans got their wish in a change of ownership, it hasn’t changed anything and fans are already turning on the new owners and being critical of them.

It’s an interesting situation. The Paul Hurst Out brigade are at large, bigger than ever. Paul Hurst is Jason and Andrews man, so it’s natural that their frustrations with PH being in office, is essentially a criticism of the owners for putting him there and keeping him there.

I guess that the lesson here is, that it doesn’t matter who the owners are, the fans will always be critical of them and will be fickle, even to whoever they thought were knights on shining horses

Then he's a fucking idiot. Nobody would disagree that the last two months hasn't even been close to being good enough on the pitch but the new owners haven't even been here a year and will undoubtedly make mistakes. Give them time to get it right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
Fillipe Noche
December 19, 2021, 9:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

You will twist everything to align to your ridiculous narrative won't you. Bizarre.

There’s no twisting here, it is what it is.

Some fans are responding with criticism to JS’s Tweets and those instances will grow. He’s not just going to disappear from Tweeting about Town. It’s part of his DNA.

Plus, as long as PH remains, dissatisfaction with the board on that matter will continue.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
Swansea_Mariner
December 19, 2021, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
What you are doing is seizing on a handful of tweets  and suggesting that one thing (criticism now) is the same as another (criticism of the tenure of the previous regime).

The two are not the same, not even close.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
denni266
December 19, 2021, 10:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 132
I dont think anyone is against our new owners , quite the reverse . But they have to realise and quickly that a football club is about the football first . And fans will only go to see a good team and a team that wins.  Not for a fancy beer or scotch egg etc .Or by seeing 9 players thinking about defending all game.  But i think one thing you have got wrong is letting Hurst have total control of the football side . Its your money that is going to go down the pan if he is not hauled in over the table and told to sort it .. We dont expect championship football , but we do expect a lot better than we have or there was no point in having new owners .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
pen penfras
December 19, 2021, 10:31am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from denni266
I dont think anyone is against our new owners , quite the reverse . But they have to realise and quickly that a football club is about the football first . And fans will only go to see a good team and a team that wins.  Not for a fancy beer or scotch egg etc .Or by seeing 9 players thinking about defending all game.  But i think one thing you have got wrong is letting Hurst have total control of the football side . Its your money that is going to go down the pan if he is not hauled in over the table and told to sort it .. We dont expect championship football , but we do expect a lot better than we have or there was no point in having new owners .

Unless results pick up quickly, things won't be better on the pitch. Without getting a lot more fans through the gate, the extra expenditure on community projects and improving facilities is going to significantly reduce the budget. There's going to be hundreds of thousands of new expenditure a year and with the sustainable mantra, that means less money for the footballing side of things.

It's all great if we kept up the early season form. Now is when we see what the fans really want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
IlkleyMariner
December 19, 2021, 10:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,976
Gold Stars: 68
At the end of the day, it’s not about scotch eggs or lots of other good things which have been done over the last 6 months or so.

It’s about Results on the pitch that make fans happy or not. Unless the results improve we are doomed along with the manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
Rodley Mariner
December 19, 2021, 10:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,237
Gold Stars: 176
Can't believe we invested in Scotch Eggs instead of a striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
MuddyWaters
December 19, 2021, 11:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,204
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
At the end of the day, it’s not about scotch eggs or lots of other good things which have been done over the last 6 months or so.

It’s about Results on the pitch that make fans happy or not. Unless the results improve we are doomed along with the manager.

Interesting. There appears to be a mood shift in the last week or so regarding the importance of results for a football club.

Given the Covid impact on the club in the last few days, I’m surprised we played. Listening to PH interview, I don’t think he wanted to. In turn, this has heaped more pressure on after what was, after all, a pretty unimportant fixture.

Yesterday’s result wouldn’t have mattered if the current direction of travel wasn’t so bad.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
jamesgtfc
December 19, 2021, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,939
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Interesting. There appears to be a mood shift in the last week or so regarding the importance of results for a football club.

Given the Covid impact on the club in the last few days, I’m surprised we played. Listening to PH interview, I don’t think he wanted to. In turn, this has heaped more pressure on after what was, after all, a pretty unimportant fixture.

Yesterday’s result wouldn’t have mattered if the current direction of travel wasn’t so bad.

I think a large part of us wanting to play was because McAtee was suspended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Stockwood on Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.