ginnywings
December 12, 2021, 8:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Leaders don't hide away when things are going wrong, they stand up and be counted. The easy thing would be to hide, Jason isn't.

Was it really that outrageous what he said, I think it was measured and people are just a little too emotional after a loss.

https://twitter.com/jstockwood/status/1469714656046555140

'Kin 'ell, is that it?

Last week it was the price of scotch eggs, this week a perfectly rational post match comment from a fan.

Some people will have a moan about anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
chaos33
December 12, 2021, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I know. Pretty pathetic.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
toontown
December 12, 2021, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Jeeeeezus. Seriously is that it?

How can any fanbase that has had to put up with fentys drunken late night ranting give that a second thought!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
GollyGTFC
December 12, 2021, 9:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
So, its no surprise that as a technology entrepreneur, Jason Stockwood is all over Twitter, and he enjoys giving his opinions.

He’s taken to giving his opinions on our games, results, and performances. Personally I don’t think that’s going to end well. It’s already sparking criticism and conjecture, with fans suggesting that he must have been watching another game, plus other comments.

What’s your thoughts on a Chairnan and part club owner commenting on Twitter like this. What happens when, perhaps as it should have done by now, he should be making honest comments that our form and performances aren’t good enough if he’s got something to say on there?  And what can that do to the relationship between Chairman and owner, be that Paul or any future manager?

Personally I don’t think it’s a healthy idea or situation and I think it will create a problem for Jason. Whether he likes it or not, he’s now more than just a fan.

Are you pining for the good old days when the owner used the OS as his personal message board on a Saturday night after he had drunk one too many?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 70
Swansea_Mariner
December 12, 2021, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Anyone bothered  by that tweet might as well not bother going out their front door,  turning on the telly or speaking to the vast majority of people in the world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
Norseman
December 12, 2021, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 48
I thought the players did ok .So agree with Jason's assessment . Just the lack of ambition to try and win the game that was upsetting .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
Barrattstander
December 12, 2021, 11:23pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +867
Gold Stars: 14
Maybe he was looking for a bit of feedback on progress so far, but forgot that the level of scrutiny in the football business is not like normal life and all he succeeded in doing was opening the door to a room full of sh1t,

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
promotion plaice
December 12, 2021, 11:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

[img]https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ofT5Y4MjoyXXQIudy/200.gif[/img]

FFS

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
Fillipe Noche
December 19, 2021, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
A different type of Tweet this time from Jason, with seemingly a different type of tact. But one that is still resulting in criticism from fans

With Wycombemariner telling him that they’ve lost the fans already.

Two things here. Firstly my original post still stands. I don’t think it’s healthy for JS to be all over Twitter. But, my second point remains the same too. That, even though fans got their wish in a change of ownership, it hasn’t changed anything and fans are already turning on the new owners and being critical of them.

It’s an interesting situation. The Paul Hurst Out brigade are at large, bigger than ever. Paul Hurst is Jason and Andrews man, so it’s natural that their frustrations with PH being in office, is essentially a criticism of the owners for putting him there and keeping him there.

I guess that the lesson here is, that it doesn’t matter who the owners are, the fans will always be critical of them and will be fickle, even to whoever they thought were knights on shining horses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
Rodley Mariner
December 19, 2021, 9:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Just read the tweet, WycombeMariners reply and the reply to him. Most seem to be uniting together to agree that Wycombe Mariner is a flipping idiot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Stockwood on Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.