8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
December 12, 2021, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
So, its no surprise that as a technology entrepreneur, Jason Stockwood is all over Twitter, and he enjoys giving his opinions.

He’s taken to giving his opinions on our games, results, and performances. Personally I don’t think that’s going to end well. It’s already sparking criticism and conjecture, with fans suggesting that he must have been watching another game, plus other comments.

What’s your thoughts on a Chairnan and part club owner commenting on Twitter like this. What happens when, perhaps as it should have done by now, he should be making honest comments that our form and performances aren’t good enough if he’s got something to say on there?  And what can that do to the relationship between Chairman and owner, be that Paul or any future manager?

Personally I don’t think it’s a healthy idea or situation and I think it will create a problem for Jason. Whether he likes it or not, he’s now more than just a fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pen penfras
December 12, 2021, 8:27am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
So, it no surprise that as a technology entrepreneur, Jason Stockwood is all over Twitter, and he enjoys giving his opinions.

He’s taken to giving his opinions on our games, results, and performances. Personally I don’t think that’s going to end well. It’s already sparking criticism and conjecture, with fans suggesting that he must have been watching another game, plus other comments.

What’s your thoughts on a Chairnan and part club owner commenting on Twitter like this. What happens when, perhaps as it should have done by now, he should be making honest comments that our form and performances aren’t good enough if he’s got something to say on there?  And what can that do to the relationship between Chairman and owner, be that Paul or any future manager?

Personally I don’t think it’s a healthy idea or situation and I think it will create a problem for Jason. Whether he likes it or not, he’s now more than just a fan.

Completely agree. He's going to try and defend things and we all know how well that went down with the last guy. At least he's got some good will to live off. But with current form I doubt there's a whole lot of it about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 70
ginnywings
December 12, 2021, 8:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Well well, the old guard sticking the boot in. Who'd have thunk it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 70
Fillipe Noche
December 12, 2021, 8:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from ginnywings

I haven’t responded to his Tweet. Plenty are doing though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 70
ska face
December 12, 2021, 8:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Could be worse, he could be píssed out his box, posting on here in the early hours under a pseudonym, offering to meet people in the boardroom, having criticising deleted off here and threatening legal action against anyone he didn’t like.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
fishboyUTM
December 12, 2021, 8:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ginnywings

Massively
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 70
pontoonlew
December 12, 2021, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Mad how it’s you two pillocks having a go at him when the person you backed would post drunk up balderdash on here instead.

I don’t necessarily agree with JS comments on the performance but it’s down to him, the comments he’s got back all seem relatively reasonable bar 1 or 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 70
HertsGTFC
December 12, 2021, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
So, its no surprise that as a technology entrepreneur, Jason Stockwood is all over Twitter, and he enjoys giving his opinions.

What a small minded post posted by a small minded person, it's Sunday morning take your dog out to the news agent buy your right wing rag with your copy of Asian Babes hidden away in it go home and spend the day doing what you know most about.

Maybe Jason should just get a couple of [people he doesn't know in the back of his car and slag off all and sundry to get it out of his system........oh hang on not an original idea that is it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 70
Hagrid
December 12, 2021, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Ive replied to JS’s post as i think he’s talking nonsense

But he’s entitled to post what he likes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 70
jamesgtfc
December 12, 2021, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
It's great that he's open and on Twitter but having lost 8 of our last 9 games, I don't think tweeting last night was a good idea.

Still, like others have said, he could have been on here 5 wines in provoking us or inviting strangers into his car for his honest thoughts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Stockwood on Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.