golfer
December 11, 2021, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,379
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from grimsby pete
We need some quality signings in January then who knows where we will end up.

BUT

If they are the usual cheap options then we can forget going up this season.

We need to spend some money.

Every team will be strengthening their squad Pete so we could be in the same position. On current form we are relegation fodder and if Hurst doesn't alter his tactics we could be playing Ragarse Rovers in the not too distant future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
TAGG
December 11, 2021, 8:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +3,003
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from psgmariner

Hell of a commute for Limbrick. Petrol has gone up so no chance he’s driving up here!

So his feet are nailed to the floor then??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
HertsGTFC
December 11, 2021, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,668
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You’re a fan.

The manager is asking players to buy into the club, create a new culture etc. yet he can’t be bothered to move nearer. It cuts both ways.

Cheap shot that, if he puts the hours in which he clearly does what does it matter where he lives. Do some research a lot of managers are not based in the location where they manage, many more lower league players definitely aren’t.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
MuddyWaters
December 11, 2021, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,947
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Cheap shot that, if he puts the hours in which he clearly does what does it matter where he lives. Do some research a lot of managers are not based in the location where they manage, many more lower league players definitely aren’t.

I don’t think it is.

He’s been given a great opportunity by the owners together with a lot of reassurance, he could have shown a reciprocal level of commitment.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
arryarryarry
December 11, 2021, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,964
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from davmariner
Who exactly would you get to replace him? Honestly, what were people expecting this season?

Big ask for any manager to get all the players he wants and for all the signings to work out from one summer window. It was always going to be a a rebuild that took more than a year. Look at Chesterfield and County.

Yes, it’s a poor run of form but when McAtee is back and with the window around the corner, things could easily tip back the other way. Bringing in a new manager who would inevitably make a load of wholesale changes for me isn’t the answer.

Patience has never been a strength of GTFC fans or any football fan to be honest, but important to consider the bigger picture.

If his record of 12 wins in 100 games is correct, there can't be that many managers even those out of work with a worse record.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
Hagrid
December 11, 2021, 10:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,080
Gold Stars: 511
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t think it is.

He’s been given a great opportunity by the owners together with a lot of reassurance, he could have shown a reciprocal level of commitment.

Cmon your talking nonsense. He shouldnt move here at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
MuddyWaters
December 11, 2021, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,947
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Hagrid

Cmon your talking nonsense. He shouldnt move here at all.

Why not? He’s gone on record expecting players to buy into the ethos/culture yet he’s been manager here 7 or 8 years on and off and never shown any personal commitment himself.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
Hagrid
December 11, 2021, 10:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,080
Gold Stars: 511
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why not? He’s gone on record expecting players to buy into the ethos/culture yet he’s been manager here 7 or 8 years on and off and never shown any personal commitment himself.

Not once have players/ owners asked players to move to the area

Paul Commutes in everyday, and then travels all over watching games. I think your being harsh. He has his faults but this isnt one we can level at him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
Swansea_Mariner
December 11, 2021, 11:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,385
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t think it is.

I'm sorry but this is absolute balderdash, criticise Hurst for the run we're on, selections, tactics etc. but where he chooses to live has got sold all to do with it. I have no idea about his personal situation, maybe he has kids who are settled in school or any other number of reasons he prefers not to move house. As long as he turns up every day and does his job he could live anywhere he chooses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 11, 2021, 11:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I'm sorry but this is absolute balderdash, criticise Hurst for the run we're on, selections, tactics etc. but where he chooses to live has got sold all to do with it. I have no idea about his personal situation, maybe he has kids who are settled in school or any other number of reasons he prefers not to move house. As long as he turns up every day and does his job he could live anywhere he chooses.

I think denni266 mentioned that Hurst’s kids are GCSE / A-level age.

I’ve been trying to find the right house for 3 years and, like our forward line, the lack of decent supply at the moment doesn’t make it easy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Form Reality Check

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.