8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
December 11, 2021, 7:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
The team were definitely playing for Hurst despite what some people are saying and we match Chesterfield, top of the league very well today without our key members of the team. I hope our new owners have the patience that many of us have as this isn’t going to happen over night as some folk seem to think……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
Gaffer58
December 11, 2021, 7:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from oochiad
The team were definitely playing for Hurst despite what some people are saying and we match Chesterfield, top of the league very well today without our key members of the team. I hope our new owners have the patience that many of us have as this isn’t going to happen over night as some folk seem to think……

But Chesterfield are saying they’ve got 11 players out injured, suspended. Also if we recruit in January it doesn’t have to be cheap, I would assume the new owners have budgeted this season on a certain attendance, but as the actual attendances are above this figure then in theory there should be additional money in the bank to spend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
chaos33
December 11, 2021, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Appreciate your point of view but ‘very nearly a draw’ doesn’t get you anything. I’d much rather we’d had a right go but that’s down to a manager who is looking after himself and isn’t (and never was) bothered about the fans.

Well that’s a simplistic assumption, and you, above most, know better than that. I can understand going back to basics today and trying to grind something out. I’ve been watching football long enough to get that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 11, 2021, 8:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 78
Wait till Boreham wood school us in ten days time, then you will see some outcry on here. I get that hurst had to do a rebuild and he’s had some key injuries and suspensions but his in-game management is appalling, successful managers are not afraid to change tactics or subs well before the 80 minute mark, Hurst does neither. He’s an hour from his house so is happy to go through the motions
UTM

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
chaos33
December 11, 2021, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
If you had a point, you ruined it with that crass remark at the end.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 76
Northbank Mariner
December 11, 2021, 8:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Just seen a stat that's really made me stand up and listen .. Hurst has won 19 of his last 100 games as a manager..1 in 5 games...not great is it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
TAGG
December 11, 2021, 8:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Didn't like the bloke first time around, didn't want him back, didn't keep us up so would have got rid at the end of last season.
But having said that, he's here and started the season like a train so I would give him to the end of January to see if he can recapture that form. If not I would boot him out and bring in Anthony Limbrick.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 76
chaos33
December 11, 2021, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
What??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
psgmariner
December 11, 2021, 8:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from TAGG
Didn't like the bloke first time around, didn't want him back, didn't keep us up so would have got rid at the end of last season.
But having said that, he's here and started the season like a train so I would give him to the end of January to see if he can recapture that form. If not I would boot him out and bring in Anthony Limbrick.

Hell of a commute for Limbrick. Petrol has gone up so no chance he’s driving up here!

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 76
Northbank Mariner
December 11, 2021, 8:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from TAGG

This is where I feel for the board tbh...do they stick with Hurst and let him bring in players in January, or boot him out and give somebody else the chance to rebuild again?..right now they are trying to rebuild the club from the ground up and recent results have made their task even harder.
Keeping the fans onboard is tough right now and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes as it stands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Form Reality Check

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.