16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 11, 2021, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Several 6 out of 10 performances. For work rate alone MoM has to be Clifton or Bell. Very little quality on either side other than a quality finish. Serious changes needed to get in the playoffs probably at top too.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 153
barrattstandman
December 11, 2021, 6:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
Why oh why did we set up with 5 at the back? Obviously typical PH
Worry about the oppositionfirst and foremost. No wingers gave their full backs an easy game . Give them something to worry about. We defended well but that was all you could say as no threat going forward  . The foul that led to the goal wasn't and deprived us of a point that our hard work deserved.
We are the only team in the pyramid without a number 9 and that is nothing short of disgraceful and it shows .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 153
Hagrid
December 11, 2021, 6:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from barrattstandman
Worry about the oppositionfirst and foremost. No wingers gave their full backs an easy game . Give them something to worry about. We defended well but that was all you could say as no threat going forward  . The foul that led to the goal wasn't and deprived us of a point that our hard work deserved.
We are the only team in the pyramid without a number 9 and that is nothing short of disgraceful and it shows .

It was a foul. And a flipping stupid one as the player was going nowhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 153
barrattstandman
December 11, 2021, 6:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 153
Gaffer58
December 11, 2021, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
We have a number nine, LJL, but seriously we all know he is no longer good enough to be our main man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 153
Wrights35
December 11, 2021, 6:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -20
Gold Stars: 5
Your only as good as your strikers as the saying goes..... True

In Hurst we trust !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 153
promotion plaice
December 11, 2021, 6:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

Can't say we didn't have a couple of decent chances.

Was going to post Pearson as my MOTM before Tshimanga scored, floated free kick into the box and he got lucky as far as I could see.

Pearson had him in his pocket up until then.

Decent save from Crocombe first half, Macca might have trouble getting his place back for now.

Although the game in general looked poor I thought it was more of a case of two decent sides cancelling each other out.

A draw would have been a fair result in my opinion.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 153
fishboyUTM
December 11, 2021, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from barrattstandman

Hurst could have had Tshimanga, he says he could have had a championship striker a while ago but he said he wouldn't sign him as the money wasn't right. Isn't his money and another sacking and maybe his own career is over. I'm finding it hard to argue against dismissing him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 153
golfer
December 11, 2021, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
[quote=43]

Y
Yep, they looked very 'efficient'. Big, strong defenders allowed to bully our forwards by the 5th division referee                                                              We should have had our pal Carl Boyeson - he yellow carded half the players plus 1 red card at Orient                                                                                                  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 153
GhostDan
December 11, 2021, 6:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
I don’t know whether this is just an initial emotional reaction, I’m usually quite optimistic to be honest but I can’t get my head around people saying it was a close game, only the striker was the difference etc.

I thought the quality between the two sides was night and day. One team looked like they had a system, a plan, quality on the ball. The other team looked like we’d just met in the car park before hand, no plan, no ambition, no cohesion. It was hit and hope up to Bell and praying he had found a few yards space.

I’ve heard a few rumours of discontent behind the scenes but I just can’t understand how we’ve derailed so quickly. Something needs to change, fast.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.