hampshiremariner
December 11, 2021, 5:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,051
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from The_Chief
We had been looking alright against Tshimanga FC.   The slide continues and mis table mediocrity beckons.

We are looking at relegation if we don't improve soon. Same old story, Like the England cricket team... fall guys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 120
DB
December 11, 2021, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Ipswin

We weren't really that good and the opposition was average at best

Wrexham average?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 120
PPMariner
December 11, 2021, 5:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

When did I say I was happy?

Just pointing out there are a few people popping up on here to have a moan that seemed to be quiet during the good spell. Not you obviously. You moan all the time.

To be fair to whoever - in response to your second point - it'd be strange to moan about a side that is in the midst of a beginning to a season that ultimately read W10-D2-L1...whatever your longer-term view on the manager/boardroom/players.

Just as it would be unusual, perhaps even unjust, not to have people criticising a side/manager that has lost 6 from 7, is not scoring and is not playing well. (the only victory was an abject one against a bottom of table side, at home, else we could be 7/7 defeats)

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 120
denni266
December 11, 2021, 5:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Mayaman

You're not forced to support them.

I am also not forced to accept  crap either , Dont seem to matter who ownes the club  we are stuck in poundland for players .. if your not going to put money in for players where it realy matters dont bother taking over ,, not interested in beer and fancy burgers and sprinklers etc   we need a decent team  and manager  and we have neither
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 120
Hagrid
December 11, 2021, 5:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
Spend some flipping money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 120
Morris Minor
December 11, 2021, 5:21pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Most managers get the sack based on Hurst's last 6 results.
Nowhere near good enough, got a feeling groundhog day is quickly approaching!
At least 6 more years in this crap league if we don't change tack!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 120
Gaffer58
December 11, 2021, 5:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Tashimango ( haven’t a clue how to spell it) cost £250k, Hurst said he’d looked at him but no way we were paying that amount, under Fenty or the new guys. Then Hurst asked how a club in financial trouble not long ago with no obvious new money coming in could afford to spend that amount.maybe questions to ask.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 120
Maringer
December 11, 2021, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,405
Gold Stars: 184
Can't say I heard any boos from the Upper Findus. Perhaps just not in my area?

We played OK against a strong team who were allowed to bully us by the referee. They were marginally the better team, I'd say, but definitely deserved a point. That said, our passing wasn't good enough today and the options on the bench didn't look strong enough.

A silly free-kick for Longe-King to give away which led to the goal, but you can't allow the league's top scorer to be unmarked there. Who was supposed to be watching him?

Terrible miss by Crookes at the end but I suppose that's why he's a defender.

The bad run continues with yet another game we shouldn't really have lost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 120
ginnywings
December 11, 2021, 5:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
Can't say I heard any boos from the Upper Findus. Perhaps just not in my area?

We played OK against a strong team who were allowed to bully us by the referee. They were marginally the better team, I'd say, but definitely deserved a point. That said, our passing wasn't good enough today and the options on the bench didn't look strong enough.

A silly free-kick for Longe-King to give away which led to the goal, but you can't allow the league's top scorer to be unmarked there. Who was supposed to be watching him?

Terrible miss by Crookes at the end but I suppose that's why he's a defender.

The bad run continues with yet another game we shouldn't really have lost.

Good strikers find space; that's why they are good. Happens at every level.

He's a difference maker and today he was the difference. We fluffed our chances, he didn't. We deserved a draw but alas...

When we won all those games, people were talking promotion and now they are talking relegation. The truth is somewhere in between. Get some new blood in Jan and we can still have a good second half of the season and make the play offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 120
arryarryarry
December 11, 2021, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mayaman
Actually feel sick. Sounded like we stopped the rot, although we should have tested their keeper more.  Chesterfield sounded like a physical side and the ref let a lot of it slide.   Should have got the subs on sooner me thinks.

We didn't test their keeper at all.

Sadly that sums up a typical Hurst performance.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.