Together

This thread currently has 3,931 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 7, 2021, 6:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,131
Gold Stars: 289
Quoted from Ipswin

Classic!

More about my fat typing fingers than poor grammar.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
HertsGTFC
December 7, 2021, 6:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
If the “Hurst out” brigade based their view solely on losing 6/7 I’d kind of get it but many of them bare long-standing grudges based upon but not mutually exclusive to….

- He’s from Yorkshire
- “He cupped his ear”.
- “It took him too long to get us up”
- “He’s stubborn” though the majority don’t know him
-  “He kept playing Monkhouse”

The historic list goes on and on but it’s spouted by the same people who are stuck in the 80s, 90’s and the last throws Sir Alan’s reign and have a sense of footballing entitlement that means “surely” we should be playing at a higher level, probably the Championship but certainly higher than those clubs from non football towns and cities. It really is time to move on, some clubs have and are progressing.

The new owners asked for unity when they took over and as they’re having a real go at trying to make the club a better place and ultimately the team successful surely we should stick behind them and the people on and off the pitch to deliver improvements for a good while yet……… Jason, Andrew, Debbie et al show good will and consideration for “us supporters” as they value the support maybe we should all get behind them for a bit?

The new owners are doing what they think best with what they’ve got and my message is to some of the people who would moan at anything is just because you don’t like it (scotch eggs, fan zone etc..) the “it” may not be wrong.

WATAW?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
aldi_01
December 7, 2021, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Love it when they moan about him cupping his ear…

As if that would urine you off…we’re talking  about a team that had some absolutely thick as excrement fans who wanted him sacked after an average first leg performance…

They still wanted him gone before the final…if I’d have been him I’d have done more than cup my ears…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
HertsGTFC
December 7, 2021, 6:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from aldi_01
Love it when they moan about him cupping his ear…

As if that would urine you off…we’re talking  about a team that had some absolutely thick as excrement fans who wanted him sacked after an average first leg performance…

They still wanted him gone before the final…if I’d have been him I’d have done more than cup my ears…

Agree completely……

One thing to add about the new owners is that a lot of what they’re doing comes from the fans survey, but of course that’s just damned lies and statistics isn’t it?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
ancientmariner54
December 7, 2021, 7:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -205
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from wiggers
Buck stops with Hurst as far as I’m concerned. Owners have been brilliant since they came in.
Hurst has full control of the playing side of things and for whatever reason is consistently tinkering around with selection and formation. Can’t we just go back to basics play people in correct positions and play our strongest 11 whenever possible.
UTM

That's what he's doing in his opinion and I trust his opinion more than yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
HerveJosse
December 7, 2021, 8:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,177
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from Ipswin

Classic!

I find writing my name with a chunky crayon quite difficult.Thanks for explaining why .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
SouthLakesMariner
December 7, 2021, 10:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Norseman
I will start by saying Hurst is not my cup of tea. But he is our manager and the losing streak will be hurting him just as much as us . My main concern though is the way some on here are already having a go at the new owners .7 months into what they admit is a long term project ,we lose a few games and everything has gone from togetherness to bickering .Really who would buy a football club to see some of the remarks on here and social media .They are Grimsby supporters who are not here to fleece the club ,doing their best to give us some pride back .I think we could all be a little more gracious and get behind them ,Hurst and the team .

Most of us agree the decline of our club is linked to a lack of vision and a failure to invest in its infrastructure and most of us celebrated the change that took place in the spring. Which is why Norseman’s post is spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
SouthLakesMariner
December 7, 2021, 10:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's not as simple as Hurst in/Hurst out though.

I don't see it as irrational to be concerned about 6 defeats in 7, stories of players being bored in the area, drink driving etc. What happens if this run continues - the fixture list is daunting and if we don't turn things round pretty quickly then the early season form becomes a distant memory and gates start to tumble.

I go to watch GTFC out of a deep-seated love for the club going back to 1968 and, sorry to be blunt about it, I'm more bothered about GTFC winning football matches than I am about scotch eggs - although I'm sure they're very nice. It's all very well having free drinks vouchers (unused because we've never been able to get in the Fanzone) and 10% off Steels in September but to me, matchday means turning up, supporting the team and wanting the club to be back in the EFL. Football hasn't changed since last season, it's still about putting a team on the pitch to win a game.

....... and why this post is so short sighted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
aldi_01
December 8, 2021, 7:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree completely……

One thing to add about the new owners is that a lot of what they’re doing comes from the fans survey, but of course that’s just damned lies and statistics isn’t it?

Bloody morons, asking for opinions on moving the club forward and then following through…don’t they know the fans are accustomed to giving an opinion only to be completely ignored and narcissistic male masturbators do what they want for there own benefit?

The club was rotten to the core, broken and on life support. Yes, we’re all well aware that fundamentally a football club is about the team but in truth, the way we’ve been for the past few games is exactly how a fair fee expected us to start the season, especially after the worst town side we’ve ever seen being here last year.

The whole thing needs changing, everything needs developing and that will take time. It’s not doubt frustrating, a team that won every game at home to a team that can’t buy a win but we have to take from that that something has happened or something has changed or whatever, we know we can win and we need to dig deep and find that. Meanwhile, the owners are working hard to make sure that should the team acruslly improve and continue on an upward trajectory we actually have a club that can sustain it, cope and support…is fit for purpose…

The two go hand in hand…but of course people will still moan that he’s short or a yorkie or cupped his ears or whatever boring gibberish they come out with…it’s ok though, a fat bloke in a coat he can’t zip up stomping around like a baby is definitely someone who’s opinion should be heard…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
dapperz fun pub
December 8, 2021, 8:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
I don’t care that he’s a short Yorkie or he cupped his hear  to us .. I do care about winning matches and playing ideally a style of football at this level we can all enjoy. Now if we can’t play free flowing I’d happily accept long ball as long as we’re winning a fair bit 👍 bearing in mind we’re in level 5 .  If he’s winning I’ll back him if he’s losing I won’t that’s how football works and the attendances in the future will back this up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Together

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.