Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Dagenham Match Highlights
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

Dagenham Match Highlights

This thread currently has 2,302 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
December 6, 2021, 8:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

Can't find anything on the GTFC site so taken off the Dagenham site.

https://youtu.be/Cb6Nxf9NtP4?t=21

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
December 6, 2021, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
That goal?

Their last player to touch the ball was the keeper and the scorer wasn't offside at that point, he looked offside when it appears Waterfall headed the ball, if that's the case he was not offside.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2021, 1:20am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Never offside. Harder to tell from that angle but from where we were you could see it came of Waterfall.

Defence was poor nearly all game. I understand Hurst’s reasoning for playing Towler at left back but he is so far from being a left back it shouldn’t be risked again.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
arryarryarry
December 7, 2021, 3:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
I would add that their second goal was utter shite defending.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2021, 3:47am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry
I would add that their second goal was utter shite defending.

Definitely missed opportunities to stick a foot out that would have blocked the pass in to the middle. Should never have got to the scorer let alone him being given an unchallenged chance to shoot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Theimperialcoroner
December 7, 2021, 4:42am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Look a softish red from that footage.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Mayaman
December 7, 2021, 6:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry
That goal?

Their last player to touch the ball was the keeper and the scorer wasn't offside at that point, he looked offside when it appears Waterfall headed the ball, if that's the case he was not offside.

Play to the whistle is the old adage.  They expected an offside.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Mayaman
December 7, 2021, 6:07am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Look a softish red from that footage.

Is grabbing the player around the neck allowed these days?  They took the law into their own hands and got away with it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Mayaman
December 7, 2021, 6:09am
Brandy Drinker
Woeful watching.  Everything half-ar5sed. Even from the kick off.  We have possession we lump it forward to nobody in particular.  Defo a morale problem.  You can see their fear when tackling and shooting. It's to be expected after a poor run but Daggers didn't seem to be scared of getting stuck in.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
GollyGTFC
December 7, 2021, 6:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Never offside. Harder to tell from that angle but from where we were you could see it came of Waterfall.

Defence was poor nearly all game. I understand Hurst’s reasoning for playing Towler at left back but he is so far from being a left back it shouldn’t be risked again.

Maybe you should tell Bristol City that because they think he’s a left-back as they’ve played him there in Championship matches. I’m sure they’d be grateful for your expertise input.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 15
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
December 7, 2021, 7:38am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Maybe you should tell Bristol City that because they think he’s a left-back as they’ve played him there in Championship matches. I’m sure they’d be grateful for your expertise input.

Do you think he's a left back then? Because 90 minutes in Dagenham suggests very much he isn't.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2021, 9:30am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Hurst didn’t say how he got on though! Nor for how long, or how many times. Might have been as an emergency in one game for 20 minutes for all we know.

On Saturday’s performance there was no evidence of a left back. Caught in two minds where to be too many times. Neither in place as a left back nor where a central defender should be.

I like Towler. As a CD.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
jamesgtfc
December 7, 2021, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Out of interest was Towler on the dugout side first half or second half? Once you are having a mare it's hard to shake it. In the Championship he could have been on the dugout side and getting coached through it. The CB next to him may have been a bit more helpful too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
December 7, 2021, 10:15am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Out of interest was Towler on the dugout side first half or second half? Once you are having a mare it's hard to shake it. In the Championship he could have been on the dugout side and getting coached through it. The CB next to him may have been a bit more helpful too.

First half mate. Would it have been better playing Seb Revan? We'll never know.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 7, 2021, 11:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,514
Gold Stars: 64

First half mate. Would it have been better playing Seb Revan? We'll never know.

Think Hurst has decided Revan is not of the standard required and from what I’ve seen that’s probably correct. Personally would probably have played Clifton there as he did on several occasions last year but if you score twice away from home you should expect at least a point from the game.

Be interesting to see how we play v Chesterfield on Saturday and whether or not we can get back to playing on the front foot.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Chrisblor
December 7, 2021, 12:42pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Dugout side in the first half - before their first went in (and after Dagenham had created a few decent opportunities from his side) Hurst was very clearly trying to give Towler some advice on positioning.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Dagenham Match Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.