Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thought it’d be the case..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 277 Guests

Thought it’d be the case..

This thread currently has 4,079 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
December 6, 2021, 5:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 147
Hasn’t taken long, and I knew it wouldn’t  - the usual protagonist s appear first opportunity to have a pop at all and sundry.
Manager, owners, players..it’ll be the chefs and laundry department soon..

Yes it’s a disappointing spell, but is it a disaster?? It’s December..even allowing for the possibility of poor results til January..we’ll still be in a position to attain play offs come season end. If so - a good number of the support will have taken that if asked before season commenced.

And Noche and his cronies ..dear oh dear…

Whatever ‘argument’ you put up on the new regime - it’s still better than what your mate offered for years. You think the match day experience isn’t better? Or attracting families/next generation? You think engaging community isn’t happening? You think employees behind the scenes aren’t happy??? You’re sadly mistaken.

Come back and pipe up in May if we’ve finished 10th or worse, then maybe you’ll have an argument (on the on field matters anyway) - but the stuff off the pitch - you can carry on til the cows come home..you haven’t got a leg to stand on.  

And as for the usual doom merchants just looking for another ‘I told you so’ …zzzzz. What a way to live. Bit like those conspiracy theory on everything types.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2021, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from marinerjase
Hasn’t taken long, and I knew it wouldn’t  - the usual protagonist s appear first opportunity to have a pop at all and sundry.

Yes it’s a disappointing spell, but is it a disaster?? It’s December..even allowing for the possibility of poor results til January..we’ll still be in a position to attain play offs come season end. If so - a good number of the support will have taken that if asked before season commenced.

Whatever ‘argument’ you put up on the new regime - it’s still better than what your mate offered for years. You think the match day experience isn’t better? Or attracting families/next generation? You think engaging community isn’t happening? You think employees behind the scenes aren’t happy??? You’re sadly mistaken.

Come back and pipe up in May if we’ve finished 10th or worse, then maybe you’ll have an argument (on the on field matters anyway) - but the stuff off the pitch - you can carry on til the cows come home..you haven’t got a leg to stand on.  

And as for the usual doom merchants just looking for another ‘I told you so’ …zzzzz. What a way to live. Bit like those conspiracy theory on everything types.

Football is about results. And currently, they’re excrement.

Yes, the new regime are busy turdpolishing BP but you can’t expect fans to be happy watching the team lose 6 games out of 7 surely?
If we’d lost 6 out of 7 under Fenty, this board would be going apoplectic. Currently, it’s pretty rational debate by comparison.

We’re non league, how long do you want that to last? For me, it needs to be as short as possible. I fear that won’t be the case.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
rancido
December 6, 2021, 5:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from marinerjase

Totally agree. Anybody who thought it would be a quick fix after years of stagnation were deluding themselves.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2021, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Totally agree. Anybody who thought it would be a quick fix after years of stagnation were deluding themselves.

Yep.

Completely irrational to expect one of the highest budget, best supported clubs in non league to beat the likes of Kidderminster, Aldershot and Wealdstone.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Heisenberg
December 6, 2021, 6:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
I was completely underwhelmed by the summer signings and said so at the time. I was also on a big downer still from the previous season and vowed not to enter BP. It didn’t take me long to do a u-turn, and the team blew me away in those first 2 months.

Our recent form has been beyond dreadful. However. I suspect very much that it’s a case of the away day blues. I can’t explain that, but most teams have those at some point. I’ll remain relatively positive as I have a sneaky suspicion that our home form will remain good, and balance things out a bit.

I think our expectation pre-season was modest, then it sky-rocketed, and now we’ve been brought back down to Earth. Despite the last few weeks, I would still say that top 7 is do-able, and even 7th place wouldn’t be a disaster. The playoff format in non-league is mad, one-legged ties, that despite our away form would really give us a chance against anyone.

Get back to winning ways at BP, even if it’s not this Saturday, get some positive momentum, and I think we’ll be back in business.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Swansea_Mariner
December 6, 2021, 6:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep.

Completely irrational to expect one of the highest budget, best supported clubs in non league to beat the likes of Kidderminster, Aldershot and Wealdstone.

'The likes of' give over two clubs rock up to every match. By the same argument Wrexham, Stockport and Chesterfield should all 'expect' to walk over us because they've got deeper pockets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
pen penfras
December 6, 2021, 6:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

'The likes of' give over two clubs rock up to every match. By the same argument Wrexham, Stockport and Chesterfield should all 'expect' to walk over us because they've got deeper pockets.

Read some of their forums. They do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
aldi_01
December 6, 2021, 6:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Football is about results. And currently, they’re excrement.

Yes, the new regime are busy turdpolishing BP but you can’t expect fans to be happy watching the team lose 6 games out of 7 surely?
If we’d lost 6 out of 7 under Fenty, this board would be going apoplectic. Currently, it’s pretty rational debate by comparison.

We’re non league, how long do you want that to last? For me, it needs to be as short as possible. I fear that won’t be the case.

That’s not true though is it, no fornicator really gave a excrement under Fenty, hence why he was here so long…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
arryarryarry
December 6, 2021, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from aldi_01

That’s not true though is it, no fornicator really gave a excrement under Fenty, hence why he was here so long…

You must be new to the forum or you haven't logged on much for the past 15 years or so.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
rancido
December 6, 2021, 6:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep.

Based on that logic how dare Harrogate  beat Portsmouth and  Hartlepool  beat Lincoln in the FA Cup. I know Cup games are a great leveller but to Aldershot and Wealdstone, playing town is like a cup match.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thought it’d be the case..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.