Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Panic time?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

Panic time?

This thread currently has 5,165 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
December 5, 2021, 12:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
It’s time for a wedge of the extra income that the fans have created by turning up in big numbers at home to be made available to hurst and not worry about organic growth or other such right on yapper

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 5, 2021, 12:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
It’s time for a wedge of the extra income that the fans have created by turning up in big numbers at home to be made available to hurst and not worry about organic growth or other such right on yapper

Congratulations on completing tonight’s Fishy cünty bingo.

‘Right on’. It’s a comment so lazy that even Barry Conlon would raise a pïssed up eyebrow.  

But seen as how:

a. You are so thick you thought you had to put underscores in your username

b. You know fúck all about football

…this comes as little surprise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
louth_in_the_south
December 5, 2021, 7:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
Thank you Knuts . Your ignorance equals mine . We are both cu.nts on so many levels .!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
denni266
December 5, 2021, 8:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +693
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Spot on.. I dont think its the new owners tho. its Hurst thats the problem .His interviews must be so boaring . now lad are you any good at defending corners . no boss i am a center forward.. oh  how fast can you get from the center circle to our goal line  not very as i am usually harrasing ther back line  Mmmm    can you cover at the back .. no boss i dont usually have to go back and defend   ..................in the paper ... we have looked at a new goal scoring striker  and he was out of my spending plans  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Northbank Mariner
December 5, 2021, 8:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
What I've noticed in recent interviews with Hurst is he's starting to blame the players which in my eyes is bang out of order and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's causing division and unrest within the camp.
So it's panic time, not yet but it's certainly squeaky bum time imo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
Hagrid
December 5, 2021, 9:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,344
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
What I've noticed in recent interviews with Hurst is he's starting to blame the players which in my eyes is bang out of order and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's causing division and unrest within the camp.
So it's panic time, not yet but it's certainly squeaky bum time imo.

Well they are just as culpable in fairness?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
devs
December 5, 2021, 10:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,976
Gold Stars: 30
I don't think it's bang out of order for Hurst to criticise players - and the criticism is IMO very fair and quite light
Hurst has made errors - he is the first to admit that - and what manager in any walk of life is 100% right all of the time
I think he is right to say (in effect) when they cross the white line it is up to them how they perform, handle the pressure etc
Tactics/preparation are a part of the game but ultimately it's down to players

Confidence is something he talks about a lot - my God, this generation of players must be so bloody brittle
We were flying; 4pts clear; top of the table...and we have now fallen off a cliff
Why? How?
I don't think it's huge tinkering from PH - 90% of changes have been injuries/suspensions
I don't think PH's tactics have suddenly become negative
Towler - Hunt - Fox - Clifton - Sousa - Bapaga have all lost their way in recent games
So what has happened? What was the catalyst for this loss of confidence?

That's the question Tondeur should have asked at some point - it's the biggest mystery to me

The only plus point is we are still well in the mix with a January window to come

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Northbank Mariner
December 5, 2021, 10:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

Well they are just as culpable in fairness?

I'm not saying their not but he should keep those conversations between him and the players and not use it as excuse in front of the press.
As a manager he should be trying to build confidence but all he's doing is draining it by opening lambasting them.
Why, just for once, could he not openly admit he's had a mare and got it wrong?..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2021, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I'm not saying their not but he should keep those conversations between him and the players and not use it as excuse in front of the press.
As a manager he should be trying to build confidence but all he's doing is draining it by opening lambasting them.
Why, just for once, could he not openly admit he's had a mare and got it wrong?..

Because he hasn't changed. He's still a stubborn little f***er.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
Northbank Mariner
December 5, 2021, 10:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Because he hasn't changed. He's still a stubborn little f***er.

Can't disagree with that. It appears some of the flaws we all witnessed in his last tenure are raring their ugly heads again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Panic time?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.