jamesgtfc
December 6, 2021, 8:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't have a problem with it if we sneakily signed a player. Woking were stupid for releasing his registration. Football is cut throat and although it's immoral, I don't really care.

What I do care about is a person that's in the national press preaching fairness, equality and respect yet actions of signing players like this and offering minimum wage jobs are not at all in line with what he's publicly saying.

This absolutely sounds like a Fenty move. And the knives would have been out the second that video was released.

This is why I think Woking aren't quite telling the truth. Surely you would retain his registration and say he can move on a free to a part-time team lower down the pyramid if he chooses to but anyone at this level must pay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 214
Northbank Mariner
December 6, 2021, 9:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't have a problem with it if we sneakily signed a player. Woking were stupid for releasing his registration. Football is cut throat and although it's immoral, I don't really care.

What I do care about is a person that's in the national press preaching fairness, equality and respect yet actions of signing players like this and offering minimum wage jobs are not at all in line with what he's publicly saying.

This absolutely sounds like a Fenty move. And the knives would have been out the second that video was released.

So you're saying the board knew about the conversation between JMD and Woking then?...don't be so soft in the head, if JMD did say something along the lines of his head wasn't in football it was probably more to do with the fact he was drunk off with Wokings style of play rather than that being fed up with football per se...
And I have no doubt Hurst(certainly not the owners who admit they leave all football decisions to the management) was not privy to any conversation that's led to JMDs Woking contract being cancelled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 214
pen penfras
December 6, 2021, 1:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

So you're saying the board knew about the conversation between JMD and Woking then?...don't be so soft in the head, if JMD did say something along the lines of his head wasn't in football it was probably more to do with the fact he was drunk off with Wokings style of play rather than that being fed up with football per se...
And I have no doubt Hurst(certainly not the owners who admit they leave all football decisions to the management) was not privy to any conversation that's led to JMDs Woking contract being cancelled.

Approaching a contracted player during the season is against the rules. They used to make a big deal about players being "tapped up". We needed Woking's permission to talk to him, which clearly they didn't know about it, or we were being unethical and breaking the rules/law.

You're soft in the head if you think he left them and signed for us the next day without any contact being made between us and his representatives before he asked to leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 214
Northbank Mariner
December 6, 2021, 4:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

Approaching a contracted player during the season is against the rules. They used to make a big deal about players being "tapped up". We needed Woking's permission to talk to him, which clearly they didn't know about it, or we were being unethical and breaking the rules/law.

You're soft in the head if you think he left them and signed for us the next day without any contact being made between us and his representatives before he asked to leave.

Did I say no contact was made??..no I didn't, I pulled you up on alleging we knew of his reason (again an alleged reason) of how his contract was cancelled.
And who's to say his agent didn't contact Hurst and let him know he was fed up at Woking and would be open to signing for town if he could get his contract cancelled?..
Pipe, shove it and smoke it!..always 2 stories to be told and one thing I do know, we'll never be made aware of the facts and tvh, I don't give a sh,!t as long as he gives 100% whilst wearing a town shirt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 214
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2021, 1:24am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Spoken like a true Fenty regime apologist.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.