KingstonMariner
December 3, 2021, 1:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from malkamalka

Those "Proper" fans who bricked a Town supporters bus at Griffin Park you mean? Only the actions of the bus driver prevented more serious injuries to our supporters than the numerous cuts from flying shattered glass.

Morons on a par with Millwall I'd say!

It’s thinking like that (tarring everyone with the same brush) that got our Boxing Day fixture moved and with limited tickets.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
KingstonMariner
December 3, 2021, 1:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I went to a Siena home match (2011) when Conte was managing them and I didn’t recognise him. He was virtually bald at the end of his playing career.

It’s amazing. It’s thicker than the average Talksport caller.

See the Dock Tower replica?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 3, 2021, 2:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from KingstonMariner

See the Dock Tower replica?

Yep.

Siena’s is much easier to access than our beloved Riby model.

I sniffed some Copydex at the top, closed my eyes and thought of a bitter easterly.

I was blubbering like an Icelandic whaling crew.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Mayaman
December 3, 2021, 3:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,397
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from malkamalka

Those "Proper" fans who bricked a Town supporters bus at Griffin Park you mean? Only the actions of the bus driver prevented more serious injuries to our supporters than the numerous cuts from flying shattered glass.

Morons on a par with Millwall I'd say!

A minority I'd say.   I used to go to Griffin park a lot as a neutral when I lived down Sarf .  Went to see Town there and ended up in the Brentford end ( I can't remember why now.)  I had a black and white scarf in a sea of red and white.  Never felt any animosity. We ran rings round them with Tony Rees playing a blinder. The Brentford fans were clapping us.  A couple of them noticed me and were asking me about out players.   I guess each team has its idiots.  Only last week, some QPR fan was up for attempted murder of a Luton fan.  For me, Loftus road was the epitome of a family friendly footie venue.  Once I was in the queue and QPR fan offered me a ticket.  I scrutinized it and asked him how much.  He shrugged his shoulders and told me it was free. But they still have at least one nutter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fluctuating fortunes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.