Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Building for the future?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 223 Guests

Building for the future?

This thread currently has 2,631 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 4, 2021, 2:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Let's not beat about the bush ,PH inherited a ' bag of sh*t ' squad due to the previous manager and regime. The club , administradly, structurally and playing squad wise was in a total mess. During the summer PH made wholesale changes and brought in a virtually completely new 1st team squad. Some of those new players will have been 'educated gambles ' and the whole thing was ' work in progress '. Add to this a new Board and Chairman with a philosophy of reconnecting with the fans and dragging the administration of the club into the 21st century. Bearing all this in mind I am amazed he has produced a team that currently sits in the higher reaches of the play-offs . Everything he and the Board are doing is building a squad and club for the future. Ideally we want promotion back into the league this season and with the right additions and tweaks I think this is possible. Being realistic though , this is a big ask. Not many clubs have done this at the first attempt but it has been done. Like a previous poster I would rather do this with an existing squad capable of holding their own in League 2 as opposed to making wholesale changes once promotion was achieved. The loan players ,like Hunt and Towler , have really helped us thus far but a dependency on loan players in key areas sits uneasy with me. They can be recalled by their parent clubs and we are faced then with the need to find a replacement as good as if not better. IMO this season is one of stabilisation and squad building with the added bonus that if we get promoted as well then great.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Building for the future?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.