Chrisblor
November 30, 2021, 5:07pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
I suspect most season ticket holders aren't really into typing out 500 word printed letters (or know enough about optical character recognition to do it automatically).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
DB
November 30, 2021, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Chrisblor
I suspect most season ticket holders aren't really into typing out 500 word printed letters (or know enough about optical character recognition to do it automatically).

Scan and paste comes to mind, most printers have an inclusive scanner.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
KingstonMariner
November 30, 2021, 6:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Thanks for posting that Chris.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Chrisblor
November 30, 2021, 6:54pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from DB

Scan and paste comes to mind, most printers have an inclusive scanner.

If you're that bothered go and buy your own season ticket.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
November 30, 2021, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Chrisblor
Also, if you're really desperate for updates on matters directly attributable to GTFC, here's the letter Debbie Cook sent to season ticket holders the other week:

Happy now?

I'm a season ticket holder but the letter didn't tell me anything new.

I dont think it is helpful to quote part of a sentence in your previous post which distorts the context. My argument is that he will be disappointed if he thinks clubs will not circumvent any levelling up as they chase glory.

You may have a different view which is great as this is a forum for all Town fans to give opinions.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
tarka
November 30, 2021, 8:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +891
Gold Stars: 29
Is he going to say the same thing in the Guardian every week?

I appreciate his attitude but I still think he may be disappointed as there is no way clubs will stop reaching for the stars.

I have to admit I was hoping to hear more from the chairman about matters directly attributable to GTFC than trying to solve what he sees as all of footballs' ills.

I also appreciate it is unwise to make promises that cannot be met, but "working hard every day to improve the organisation" doesn't exactly set the pulses racing. Have we any more news on stadium plans, training ground plans, new investment to take on the more prominent clubs in our division?

Can I just ask...are you for real or is this just a really humorous wind up?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
ska face
November 30, 2021, 8:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,343
Gold Stars: 820
Is he going to say the same thing in the Guardian every week?

I appreciate his attitude but I still think he may be disappointed as there is no way clubs will stop reaching for the stars.

I have to admit I was hoping to hear more from the chairman about matters directly attributable to GTFC than trying to solve what he sees as all of footballs' ills.

I also appreciate it is unwise to make promises that cannot be met, but "working hard every day to improve the organisation" doesn't exactly set the pulses racing. Have we any more news on stadium plans, training ground plans, new investment to take on the more prominent clubs in our division?

Only on here would you find a fan moaning about the Chairman being given free rein to write a 1200 word press release in one of the most renowned papers in the English speaking world. That’s on top of another 4 articles of a similar length since June, basically letting him paint a very flattering picture of the club and the area.

Frankly it’s the best press the club have had in my lifetime - even the coverage following a promotion or cup win is tainted with the same old unfashionable & “grim up north” cliches.

It’s essentially a “come & invest” plea to anyone sharing the club’s values, with socially responsible investing expanding massively. How did we last attract outside investment, Fenty’s roladex? Where did we get by flicking through that for 15 years?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
aldi_01
November 30, 2021, 8:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ska face

Only on here would you find a fan moaning about the Chairman being given free rein to write a 1200 word press release in one of the most renowned papers in the English speaking world. That’s on top of another 4 articles of a similar length since June, basically letting him paint a very flattering picture of the club and the area.

Frankly it’s the best press the club have had in my lifetime - even the coverage following a promotion or cup win is tainted with the same old unfashionable & “grim up north” cliches.

It’s essentially a “come & invest” plea to anyone sharing the club’s values, with socially responsible investing expanding massively. How did we last attract outside investment, Fenty’s roladex? Where did we get by flicking through that for 15 years?

Extreme leisure…great business them.

That alleged American investor that that incredible no mark, Marley told us about.

Conoco

Mullins

The ticket tout

These were all really success…erm…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
HertsGTFC
November 30, 2021, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,634
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ska face

Completely nailed it here ska!!

Personally I enjoy reading what Jason writes and thought Debbie’s letter was from someone who cares about keeping people informed.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
HerveJosse
November 30, 2021, 8:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,123
Gold Stars: 134
If I was a cynic and wanted lots of red crosses I might wonder if Jason’s motivation with GTfC was to secure his new fortnightly column in the Guardian which may foster further ambitions in the left wing liberal elite. Fortunately I am not a cynic and don’t want lots of red crosses so quickly banish any such thoughts from my mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason The Guardian

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.