lew chaterleys lover
November 30, 2021, 10:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Les Brechin
I see that he was on loan at Wrexham in 2018 so I asked their fans views on him.

A bit of a mixed view really.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118765-jordan-mcguire-drew.html

Nice try, but it is very rare for other teams fans to praise players who turn up signing for rivals.

When he turns out to be a fantastic player (we hope) make sure you go back on their site and rub their noses in it, especially when he crosses for Pearson to head home the goal that clinches promotion as that would really wind them up.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
Les Brechin
November 30, 2021, 11:06am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174

Nice try, but it is very rare for other teams fans to praise players who turn up signing for rivals.

When he turns out to be a fantastic player (we hope) make sure you go back on their site and rub their noses in it, especially when he crosses for Pearson to head home the goal that clinches promotion as that would really wind them up.

Ha ha, now that would be good!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
aldi_01
November 30, 2021, 11:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Other fans can often give a very broad view, I guess it depends when those players featured within their time frames.

Take someone like Billy Clarke, no doubt decent but in truth he played for GTFC under the most embarrassing manager ever, during a woeful time.

Take Andy Parkinson, played well, not the worst but not the best but is often thought of fondly because we had a good season…all swings and round abouts.

Let’s face it, Lincoln fans were pretty unanimous in their views of Nolan…and how wrong were they?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
pen penfras
November 30, 2021, 11:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01
Other fans can often give a very broad view, I guess it depends when those players featured within their time frames.

Take someone like Billy Clarke, no doubt decent but in truth he played for GTFC under the most embarrassing manager ever, during a woeful time.

Take Andy Parkinson, played well, not the worst but not the best but is often thought of fondly because we had a good season…all swings and round abouts.

Let’s face it, Lincoln fans were pretty unanimous in their views of Nolan…and how wrong were they?

I get your point, but who has said Billy Clarke was anything other than good for us? Also that season we looked like we'd become a good side. It was Covid that started the shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
pontoonlew
November 30, 2021, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
If fans of other teams unanimously say somebody is excrement then they tend to be right, if it's mixed then it really is a flip of a coin at this level especially. There's enough about him previously to suggest we have a chance of unlocking some great potential there and he's still only 24.

On Clifton switching back to CM, I wouldn't be so sure. We have a very talented winger in Bapaga who is being kept out the XI by Clifton at the minute and I think Hurst likes the apparent 'balance' Clifton will give us.

I don't agree with it, in fact I think playing Clifton LW and not CM is part of our issues going forward recently. However, I've seen enough of Hurst over the years to suggest this may be a genuine plan for Clifton, after all, Hurst was the creator of the disaster that was the 'lob-sided midfield' a few years back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
aldi_01
November 30, 2021, 12:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

I get your point, but who has said Billy Clarke was anything other than good for us? Also that season we looked like we'd become a good side. It was Covid that started the shambles.

To be fair, there’s probably a plethora of players under the likes of Bignot and Jolley that were probably much better than we’ll ever remember…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
TownSNAFU5
November 30, 2021, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Don’t forget that  McAtee was said to have been very lazy at Scunny. I take it that he was.  How he was managed.  He is completely different with us.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
DB
November 30, 2021, 12:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
I'm not really bothered how good or bad players have been with previous clubs. To me as long as they give their best every time in a black and white shirt is all you can ask. We've seen over the years those with good reputations not perform for us and those with bad ones, McAtee now, perform very well.

It's all about getting the best out of them which Hurst, on the whole, seems to do.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
promotion plaice
November 30, 2021, 12:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Southern softie.

Only kidding, welcome to GTFC Jordan  

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFcC2swXwAMTNhq?format=jpg&name=large[/img]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
Ipswin
November 30, 2021, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from pontoonlew
If fans of other teams unanimously say somebody is excrement then they tend to be right, if it's mixed then it really is a flip of a coin at this level especially. There's enough about him previously to suggest we have a chance of unlocking some great potential there and he's still only 24.

Sounds like he has great potential but I hope in this case fans being unanimous isn't correct in one aspect as he sounds like a bit of a home bird. Just saying what every Wrexham fan noticed about him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Welcome Jordan  Maguire Drew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.