Kris2
November 29, 2021, 11:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

Quite an enlightening thread that, as is the Matt Dean interview with JMD linked within (and below for reference). Reading between the lines, he was one of their marquee signings in the summer as Woking significantly upped their budget. Started off well, got injured and then couldn’t get back in after their incomprehensibly Geordie manager decided he didn’t want to play anyone under the height of 6ft 9”.

I was initially sceptical, but I think this could actually be a very smart piece of business on our part.

Interview: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b6zv6b

Was going to say, he doesn't seem their type of player at all. Woking always seem to play big bruiser types and not sure where he fits in with all that. Doesn't seem logical that he left then signed for GTFC but who knows what his contract was with them, we saw how weird contracts can get with the Hereford saga.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
Norseman
November 29, 2021, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Maringer
For a left-sided player, he looks to have a pretty good shot with his right foot and he's scored a few with it in those highlights. That's always helpful as it keeps the defenders guessing rather than trying to stop you turning inside (if he's playing from the right), all the time.

I didn't realise we were looking for a longer-term signing, thought it would just be until the end of the season, so Hurst obviously thinks he's got potential for us.

I believe he is a right sided player and part of his issue was being made to play on the left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
Poojah
November 29, 2021, 11:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,456
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Norseman

I believe he is a right sided player and part of his issue was being made to play on the left

Left footed, right sided. Unusual mix, but looks decent with both feet to be fair.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
Maringer
November 29, 2021, 11:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,471
Gold Stars: 185
Left-sided, I was talking about him being left-footed. Whichever side of the pitch he plays on, that remains the same. Wouldn't normally point out an attacking player could hit a shot decently well with their stronger foot, but perhaps I need to following what we've seen in recent seasons!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
Mayaman
November 30, 2021, 12:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,396
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from ska face
Woking fans not happy, at all -

https://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11302

It’s a strange squad looking at it through Hurst’s previous spell here. He used to build teams of hard working, gritty players that just lacked a bit of quality. We now seem to have a squad blessed with some very good technical players, but lack maybe the work rate in some cases and the ability or willingness to really dig in and grind results out.

I like the look of him & I’m looking forward to seeing him play, especially with the likes of McAtee, Taylor, Hunt & Bell.

McAtee, Taylor , Hunt & Bell are actually the lawyers who oversee GTFC's contracts and other legal business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
KingstonMariner
November 30, 2021, 12:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mayaman

McAtee, Taylor , Hunt & Bell are actually the lawyers who oversee GTFC's contracts and other legal business.

I thought lawyers came in threes like surveyors.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
wiggers
November 30, 2021, 6:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Think this is a good signing, just wondering where it leaves Joel Grant and Sean Scannell. Also what about Bapaga who has been very good when selected, can see him gone come January……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
fishboyUTM
November 30, 2021, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,067
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from wiggers
Think this is a good signing, just wondering where it leaves Joel Grant and Sean Scannell. Also what about Bapaga who has been very good when selected, can see him gone come January……

Joel Grant and Sean Scannell have been injured all season long. It's up to them to fight their way into the reckoning. We can't rely on them, Scannell in particular who seems to be betrayed by his body whenever he's close to a return. Feel for him, but both are over 30 and it happens or we'd all play forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
Les Brechin
November 30, 2021, 10:41am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,700
Gold Stars: 174
I see that he was on loan at Wrexham in 2018 so I asked their fans views on him.

A bit of a mixed view really.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118765-jordan-mcguire-drew.html

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
Poojah
November 30, 2021, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,456
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Les Brechin
I see that he was on loan at Wrexham in 2018 so I asked their fans views on him.

A bit of a mixed view really.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118765-jordan-mcguire-drew.html

Reads a lot like the Scunny fans’ assessment of McAtee in the summer. Will be interesting to see whether Hurst can instil that same kind of tenacity in him.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Welcome Jordan  Maguire Drew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.