WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 24, 2021, 7:54pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +785
Gold Stars: 113
My head is all scrambled.

How many of the Holloway Alumni are left or have they all gone now?

And how many of those who have left by mutual agreement have signed for another team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
KingstonMariner
November 24, 2021, 7:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
Understand the person who wrote the contract was dyslexic and it was spotted by the new owners  "To  Morais 2 contracted Filipe Town years Grimsby "  Therefore contract null and void. All money paid to him is to be returned unless he signs for Scunthorpe to help their promotion push.

Maybe it was written by junior partner at Sue Grabbit and Run Mr F. Noche.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Abdul19
November 24, 2021, 8:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Clicking on that link will help me out when Joe Adams and/or Idris El Mizouni are quiz answers at some point.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
jamesgtfc
November 24, 2021, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
I got told that Morais had the headbutt coming to him as he was constantly chipping away at people on the training ground.

I'm not condoning the headbutt either and whilst the treatment that followed what we saw that Saturday afternoon on iFollow looked harsh, we aren't privy to what went on off the pitch.

If he was totally innocent, he would have probably got some game time afterwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
blundellpork
November 24, 2021, 8:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 32
My head is all scrambled.

How many of the Holloway Alumni are left or have they all gone now?

And how many of those who have left by mutual agreement have signed for another team?

I think Rose may now be the only survivor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
ex-merseymariner
November 24, 2021, 9:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from blundellpork

I think Rose may now be the only survivor

Don't forget, Spokes and Scannell were Holloway signings too.  But rose is the last of the seven made available for transfer.   (Gibson starbuck idehen Williams morais rose  and Jackson jnr)

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 25, 2021, 1:06am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +785
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Don't forget, Spokes and Scannell were Holloway signings too.  But rose is the last of the seven made available for transfer.   (Gibson starbuck idehen Williams morais rose  and Jackson jnr)

Thankyou for listing them all. To be truthful we have done well to get rid of them all as soon as we have. But as has been proven, if those players had anything about them then they would have been actively looking for another team once they were made available. You have to question the morals of those who happily took a wage for not doing anything.

Town must have saved themselves a good weekly wodge of cash with all the departures. The salary budget will be suitably boosted, if only Hurst would spend some of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
pen penfras
November 25, 2021, 6:54am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71

Thankyou for listing them all. To be truthful we have done well to get rid of them all as soon as we have. But as has been proven, if those players had anything about them then they would have been actively looking for another team once they were made available. You have to question the morals of those who happily took a wage for not doing anything.

Town must have saved themselves a good weekly wodge of cash with all the departures. The salary budget will be suitably boosted, if only Hurst would spend some of it.

You have to question people that think somebody should just leave and take reduced wages when they have a short career and aren't paid well in the first place. You wouldn't think it was ok for them to just leave for nothing half way through a contract because they were too good for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Maringer
November 25, 2021, 10:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Likely we'll have paid them off. Agreed to pay up their contract at a reduced rate and then also make the NI savings (and perhaps avoid pension contributions?). It would be a long-term saving but in the shorter term will mean a chunk of money going out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
HertsGTFC
November 25, 2021, 10:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
I wouldn't profess to know anything about the in's and out's of this and I' not sure anyone on this Board knows for sure but I just wonder if the fact is that it's almost a year since he was signed and there may have ben a clause in there saying he couldn't go under mutual consent until he'd served a year, who knows.

What I do know is he scored 1 goal in his appearances and I can't remember him completing a full game, yes he may have looked o.k. in a shockingly poor side but he's not worth all the comments on this thread so time to move on.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morais Departs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.