lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2021, 3:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,649
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

From what Hurst has said during his respective interviews it appears the problem now is that these two players can’t get any game time as there are no reserve fixtures so have no way of getting match fitness. Obviously this applies to all those not getting selected on a regular basis which must be very frustrating as it’s hard to show your worth a place in the team if your not playing!!

Back to Scannell and Grant a little surprised they’ve not been on the bench and had a few cameo appearances but suppose the 3 from 5 substitutes rule does not help the cause.

In his pre-match interview today Hurst has again reiterated they are not match fit. They never will be match fit but do you have to be 100% match fit to get 15-20 mins from the bench?

OC was right about Max Wright as Hurst says he is the least likely to feature any time soon. Another unnamed player didn't train due to illness.

In any event we will still be able to put out a strong team so I hope we turn the corner on Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Hagrid
November 25, 2021, 3:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,372
Gold Stars: 527

In his pre-match interview today Hurst has again reiterated they are not match fit. They never will be match fit but do you have to be 100% match fit to get 15-20 mins from the bench?

OC was right about Max Wright as Hurst says he is the least likely to feature any time soon. Another unnamed player didn't train due to illness.

In any event we will still be able to put out a strong team so I hope we turn the corner on Saturday.

its bloody absurd. Grant was fit for 20 mins 3 weeks ago. Get them both in the Squad FFS
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
FishOutOfWater
November 25, 2021, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I take it this is still a 3 o'clock start and the kick-off time hasn't been moved on "police advice"?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 22
gytone
November 25, 2021, 4:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

its bloody absurd. Grant was fit for 20 mins 3 weeks ago. Get them both in the Squad FFS

I agree, how the hell are they supposed to get fit, understand there's no ressies, but surely they are fit enough a cameo from the bench say 15/20 minutes  otherwise there's no point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Madeleymariner
November 25, 2021, 5:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Why dont we just offer them out for free for a month to Cleethorpes/Scarboro or similar, get 3 or 4 games in that should get them somewhere near match fit/show if they are going to get over their injuries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
pen penfras
November 25, 2021, 5:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Why dont we just offer them out for free for a month to Cleethorpes/Scarboro or similar, get 3 or 4 games in that should get them somewhere near match fit/show if they are going to get over their injuries.

They'd only get injured if they played
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
promotion plaice
December 2, 2021, 11:42am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193

Chesterfield FC Website...

"Please note that the club’s initial allocation of 1,000 tickets for the game at Grimsby Town has now been sold-out.

A further allocation of 500 tickets has been requested.

The tickets are due to arrive next week."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Poojah
December 2, 2021, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,417
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from promotion plaice

Chesterfield FC Website...

"Please note that the club’s initial allocation of 1,000 tickets for the game at Grimsby Town has now been sold-out.

A further allocation of 500 tickets has been requested.

The tickets are due to arrive next week."

1,500 Chesterfield fans? On the loose, in our town? What if they indulge in alcoholic beverages and use industrial language in earshot of the local church community?

Have the authorities forgotten that time they viciously RATTLED the fence at the bottom of the lower Findus? Sounds like an absolute recipe for disaster - hopefully the police will put a stop to this madness. Just look at these ANIMALS…

https://youtu.be/DsBIH6Kjfp8

I couldn’t sleep for almost a MONTH after this. I think I’m still suffering the effects of PTSD if I’m honest.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Gaffer58
December 2, 2021, 12:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
I believe Humberside police are having a meeting with their colleagues from West Yorkshire police, they will be formulating a plan of action for when we play Chesterfield. Some of the early recommendations already made public are, 1) Restrict the away following to 4 people, 2) move the kickoff time to 8:30 am, 3) Close all pubs, restaurants within 10 miles of the ground, 4) make the final day for purchasing tickets 3 months before the day of the game, 5) As a precaution ensure the Royal Marines and the Gurkhas are available as reserve riot controllers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
MarinerWY
December 2, 2021, 1:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I take it this is still a 3 o'clock start and the kick-off time hasn't been moved on "police advice"?

In all fairness Humberside police haven't been so bad this season with messing around with our home fixtures. Notts County wasn't moved,  Chesterfield wasn't, nor Halifax before it got moved for TV, but it's still a 3pm kick off just a day later.

Chesterfield getting an extra 500, no bother? I mean it shouldn't be noteworthy, but someone show West Yorkshire Police eh...
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield (H) tickets now on sale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.