rancido
November 24, 2021, 5:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't think a NL right back is earning all that much money at all. It is a privilege to pursue a career that you enjoy, but being a footballer at this level is short and they have nothing to fall back on for the last 30 years of their working life. It's an incredibly mild privilege at best.

I bet it is better than packing and stacking on a frozen food line. I agree about the short career but then it is more important to do the best you can and not jeopardise the opportunity you have.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 107
denni266
November 24, 2021, 9:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
I alwase thought that the law in England was supposed to be one of the fairest in the world , And it was one crime one punishment, not pass it down the line for all to have there two pence worth including employers  unless employed as a driver.. Its easy to judge without knowing all the facts of what caused him to go off the rails . I dont condone what he did but i dont think we should be making a judgement on his future without all the facts .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 107
HerveJosse
November 24, 2021, 9:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,120
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from denni266
I alwase thought that the law in England was supposed to be one of the fairest in the world , And it was one crime one punishment, not pass it down the line for all to have there two pence worth including employers  unless employed as a driver.. Its easy to judge without knowing all the facts of what caused him to go off the rails . I dont condone what he did but i dont think we should be making a judgement on his future without all the facts .  

What facts do you think could emerge that justify driving at three times the legal limit at 4am in the morning.?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 107
arryarryarry
November 24, 2021, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HerveJosse

Yes you can because he has committed a serious criminal offence and gross misconduct both of which will be covered in any competent employment contract. There will be an internal procedure to follow which is probably why the club has said nothing and we had to rely on Powys County News to know about it. The club will be able to ditch him if they choose to .Whether they will or. It is to be seen but highly likely. Three times over the limit is more then just a young lad taking a chance and making a bad choice. I wonder if anyone else from the club was with him at the time.

It may be where you work and within a professional  football club but having worked within an HR environment, in our Company the words "gross misconduct" would only apply to anything done within the Company.

We have had instances of a member of staff banned from driving and they were never sacked from the Company.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 107
moosey_club
November 24, 2021, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from denni266
Its easy to judge without knowing all the facts of what caused him to go off the rails .

What !!??  So before he got in his car he had derailed a train ..

FFS

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 107
KingstonMariner
November 24, 2021, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

What !!??  So before he got in his car he had derailed a train ..

FFS

Well it still doesn’t mean he should be thrown under a bus!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 107
wigworld
November 24, 2021, 11:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Many organisations would fire an employee caught drink driving, for bringing the company into disrepute. Same with many professions - he would be suspended or struck off.
He might be young and a bit daft, but if he's old enough to drive a potential killing machine, he's old enough to face the consequences of doing so in an unsafe way.
I've no time for people on here trying to defend him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 107
mimma
November 24, 2021, 11:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Where I use to work, we had someone that had a drink problem, and came to work drunk. He was suspended by the company, and sent to rehabilitation, that the company paid for. He was kept on, on the understanding that he was tested regularly, and if he started drinking again he would be sacked. He never failed a test and turned his life around. There is some compassionate companies out there that care about their work force, and I would like to think our new owners would show a little more compassion, and help him get his life back on track. Nobody on here knows what has made him act in this way, they just want to be judge and jury. All he may need is a little help, not throwing on the scrap heap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 107
arryarryarry
November 24, 2021, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from wigworld
Many organisations would fire an employee caught drink driving, for bringing the company into disrepute. Same with many professions - he would be suspended or struck off.
He might be young and a bit daft, but if he's old enough to drive a potential killing machine, he's old enough to face the consequences of doing so in an unsafe way.
I've no time for people on here trying to defend him.

He is clearly a complete buffoon and committed a serious crime but he hasn't brought the Club into disrepute.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 107
lukeo
November 25, 2021, 6:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
If he isn't living local How's he going to get to training etc?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Sears

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.