4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 19, 2021, 11:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
A longish and interesting chat with Matt Dean that covers many of the issues we have been discussing on here. Well worth a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b58m00
Logged Offline
Private Message
DB
November 20, 2021, 4:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,876
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from ginnywings
A longish and interesting chat with Matt Dean that covers many of the issues we have been discussing on here. Well worth a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b58m00

Thanks for posting that. It was a very good enlightening listen.

4 locations in the town for a new training ground and Barretts is not the favorite, so I wonder where the other 3 are? Also, he emphasised that we not moving to a new stadium and staying at BP for the foreseeable future. He hoped for 2 signings in January and funds are there for Hursty, but the decision is up to Hurst.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
Stockport Mariner
November 20, 2021, 8:07am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Listening to it makes you realise we are in safe hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
ska face
November 20, 2021, 8:47am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,354
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from DB

4 locations in the town for a new training ground and Barretts is not the favorite

Think he said only not the favourite because he didn’t have an informed view on the situation, so might end up being the most viable in the end.

Would imagine Barrats being so close to the College is a major plus. Anyways, exciting times ahead.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
jamesgtfc
November 20, 2021, 9:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from DB

Thanks for posting that. It was a very good enlightening listen.

4 locations in the town for a new training ground and Barretts is not the favorite, so I wonder where the other 3 are? Also, he emphasised that we not moving to a new stadium and staying at BP for the foreseeable future. He hoped for 2 signings in January and funds are there for Hursty, but the decision is up to Hurst.

I wonder if the previous regimes desired location for a stadium, Peaks Parkway, is one of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
HertsGTFC
November 20, 2021, 10:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
I don’t think we’ll see significant new investment until Fenty is paid off.

Love the Northcoders idea, proper community stuff that 👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
SouthLakesMariner
November 20, 2021, 3:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +921
Gold Stars: 21
Echo DB’s comments - thanks for posting, I’d have missed this if you hadn’t.

The more I hear from JS the more I like what he stands for. Love the emphasis on it being a long-term project and sustainable in preparation for the next set of custodians, whilst still recognising the need to strengthen the playing squad. Great philosophy and so many reasons to be optimistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
mimma
November 20, 2021, 4:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
There were some contractors on Clee Fields taking core samples of the ground last Tuesday.  Got talking to them and they told me that there are plans to extend the all weather courts, along with a building being built next to the sports hall. They told me it was to do with sports England. Could Town be involved with this?  It ticks all the boxes for a training ground in the town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
jamesgtfc
November 20, 2021, 5:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from mimma
There were some contractors on Clee Fields taking core samples of the ground last Tuesday.  Got talking to them and they told me that there are plans to extend the all weather courts, along with a building being built next to the sports hall. They told me it was to do with sports England. Could Town be involved with this?  It ticks all the boxes for a training ground in the town

Fits with a community ethos and might be shared with Cleethorpes Town too. Anyone know what's going on with the fields on Taylors Avenue too?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2021, 8:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Interesting interview and it’s great to see some real initiatives at the heart of things.

I can’t help but think Jason is whistling in the wind a bit about wealth distribution in football. It mirrors what’s gone on in the wider world in the past 30-40 years. Wealth is concentrated in fewer hands and income differences between top and bottom have got wider. Those st the top don’t seem ready to volunteer change.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JS on Sports Talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.